Chapter 6-You Know Who's Helper

Harry and Hagrid were safely inside the home of Andromeda and Ted Tonks.

"Thank you," Harry told his hostess as she handed him a warm cup of tea.

"Not a problem," she replied with a smile.

There was a clambering on the steps as Theodore Nott and Pansy Parkinson came into Harry's view. All he could do was gape. A woman gently walked down behind them. She slightly resembled Theo so Harry presumed she was his mother. She smiled at Harry before leaving the room with the adults.

"We're glad you made it safely, Harry," Pansy told him, taking a seat on the couch opposite him. Theo sat next to her. "Theo here was itching to go on the trip to Little Whinging, but we thought the number of Potters was best kept at seven."

"I appreciate it," Harry said, still uncertain how to interact with them, not having seen them since after fifth year. They probably hadn't been in touch with Malfoy, though, and they had consciously chosen to side with the Order. But speaking of Draco...

"Could you tell who was there?" Theo asked.

Harry nodded. "He was there, Theo." And then he voiced what confused him the most. "I think he saved us." His brows were furrowed, of which Pansy took note.

"You seem rather surprised."

With a sigh, Harry told them of last year's events.

"We did hear of Dumbledore's death," Pansy admitted, "from your own report to the Order. I don't believe Draco ever intended to kill the headmaster."

"He still caused me and Ron and many others a great deal of pain. But before Hagrid and I passed through the shield, You-Know-Who had nearly destroyed the sidecar I was sitting in. I should have fallen out at the very least, and so should have the sidecar. But I think Malfoy held me up wandlessly. Do you know if he was that advanced in magic?"

Pansy shrugged. "He took the initiative to become the best so he could be prepared to face one of the best."

"Dumbledore?"

They shook their heads.

"I see. You probably shouldn't have told me that since I'm still unskilled at Occlumency."

There was a pause before Theo said, "Are you going to the Burrow in a little bit?"

Harry nodded. "There'll be a Portkey soon since we just missed ours. My belongings are already there. Hopefully I'll see you two at Bill and Fleur's wedding?"

Pansy shrugged. "We're not sure if we can go yet, but most likely we'll be disguised, as will you."

"Harry?" It was Ted Tonks. "We're ready for you."

Harry said goodbye to his former classmates before leaving the room.

"Do you really think Draco tried to save him?" Theo asked Pansy. "Surely he would've been caught."

Pansy looked worried. "He would have if he deemed it necessary. I just hope he can explain it away."

Explaining it away was just what Draco had done, and Monday afternoon, mere hours from said explanation, Voldemort had requested Draco's presence in the living room. Draco waited quietly, alone. No doubt he was going to be taken on a mission. He could only hope that he wouldn't have to kill anyone to prove his loyalty. He wasn't sure if his conscience could handle that. Was it worth letting someone innocent die-no-killing someone innocent so that Draco could serve a greater purpose and truly see Voldemort to his end? Because wouldn't that prevent more deaths? But at the same time, a life was still a life, and perhaps Draco would be able to escape unscathed. Or maybe both he and the innocent victim would die. That would be the worst case scenario.