Chapter 20-The Other Sword

"Ginny, you've had a lot of, erm, interesting ideas this year, but this one's probably the worst."

"Hush, Neville, you'll get us caught!"

"I'm sorry, but breaking into the headmaster's office in the first place will get us caught, especially since it's Snape's now!"

"Luna, do you mind?"

A light flashed from the Ravenclaw's wand and illuminated the small space in front of the office door.

"He's probably hexed the bloody Merlin out of this door," Neville whispered. "How are we going to completely disable all the charms?"

"Just remember what Draco taught us fifth year," Luna said.

"You mean Harry," Neville spoke sharply, "not that murderous Death Eater."

"Isn't that a bit redundant since they're already murderous?" Ginny joked.

"Not funny."

"Well, look, despite what you may think, and despite how much I love Harry, Malfoy did help us quite a bit that year."

"Why are you defending him?"

Since only the girls knew about Draco's true nature and his relationship with Hermione, neither said anything further regarding the matter.

"First we should try the revelation charm," Luna suggested.

Successfully distracted, Neville said, "What if an alarm goes off?"

"Then we'd better run," Ginny contributed. "Luna, go ahead."

The blonde raised her wand and performed the spell only for nothing to happen.

"It didn't work," Neville noted.

"No, it did," Ginny told him. "There must not be a single charm on here."

"Or they're just undetectable."

"You're so bloody paranoid."

"It is a little strange," Luna admitted. "He doesn't use the gargoyle anymore so anyone can just walk right up here. And now the door's unprotected."

"Alohomora," Ginny whispered. Upon hearing the click, she carefully reached out and gave the door a tiny push.

To their surprise, it swung open.

Luna pointed her wand into the office.

"There it is!" Neville exclaimed, rushing inside.

"Shh!" Ginny reminded him.

"The sword of Godric Gryffindor," he spoke in hushed tones once the two girls joined him. He gazed at the sword through the glass case it was in. "Ginny, you're sure you heard Ron say this?"

"Yes, yes, they were all talking about how Dumbledore left the sword for Harry in his will and that's all I heard them mention before Fred and George decided to test out a new joke shop product. Those three 'heroes'" she motioned with air quotes "didn't tell me anything because they knew I'd want to come with them on whatever expedition they've gone on."

"Don't worry about them," Neville started, "we've got our own way of helping the cause. If there was no password and the door was unprotected, what are the chances we can get this out of the case without a problem?"

"Get back," Ginny whispered.

Luna and Neville obeyed. Ginny pointed at the case and spoke, "Reducto!"

The glass shattered without setting off a single alarm.

"Accio sword," Neville tried, wanting to avoid being cut by glass.