Chapter 24-Godric's Hollow

Before Draco knew it, Christmas was approaching quickly. Weasley was apparently still mending because he hadn't written to Draco yet, so the Slytherin had just been practicing magic and researching as best as he could, trying to figure out how to serve make the connection between Gregorovitch and Grindelwald.

As he flipped once more through The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore, he came across yet another image of young Grindelwald. It was the same boy from Gregorovitch's memory that Voldemort and Draco, unbeknownst to the former, had seen. How would Draco connect them without presenting the final connection to Dumbledore? Just then, he noted a source of Rita Skeeter's. Bathilda Bagshot. Surely the famous historian would have a picture of her more famous great nephew. According to Skeeter, Bagshot still lived there.

Draco knew Hermione would be too smart to let Potter go to Godric's Hollow because Voldemort might set a trap. So Draco suggested to Voldemort a trap to set.

"My lord, I apologize for not making much progress on the wand, but I've realized an excellent way to utilize our time."

Voldemort didn't speak, merely, gesturing for him to continue.

"You see, there's one place in the whole world Potter must be dying to go to: his infant home."

"You believe we should go to Godric's Hollow?"

"I believe you could set an easy trap. Christmas is this week and it's no doubt the perfect time for him to visit. The Prophet says Bathilda Bagshot celebrated a birthday recently—no doubt she's still living there. And she would be the perfect bait because she knew both the Potters and the Dumbledores. He wouldn't be able to resist speaking with her."

As Voldemort considered the proposition, Draco wondered for a brief moment why the realization that Bagshot could be in danger was just crossing his mind. After the death of Charity Burbage he thought he'd never let someone else die to protect his cover, but then he went after Gregorovitch, and now he was going after two more people. But there really wasn't any other way was there? And after all, Voldemort couldn't use her if she was dead. At most, he'd probably just Imperius her.

"I'll admit, Draco, this is rather intelligent."

Draco was shocked to be complimented so blatantly. He bowed his head. "Thank you, my Lord. I will continue to put many hours into this cause."

"Good to hear. I have already decided how we can do this. You can get to Godric's Hollow on your own? I will meet you there shortly." Before Draco could say anything, the Dark Lord disappeared.

Draco quickly vaporized to the picture he'd seen of the village and looked around for Voldemort.

"Where is he?" he wondered aloud.

Several minutes late, the Dark Lord appeared down the street in front of the graveyard, but he wasn't alone—Nagini had accompanied him. Noticing Draco, Voldemort beckoned for the boy to follow. Soon, they arrived in front of an old tattered house.

"Bagshot lives here?"

Voldemort nodded. "We'll go in and have a quick chat with her, make sure she...understands...her duties."

Draco wasn't sure what he meant by that but signaled that he was ready to head inside.

They slowly made their way to the front door. On Voldemort's cue, Draco knocked. No answer.

"It seems we'll have to let ourselves in," the Dark Lord said. In a swift motion, he opened the door and entered. As Draco walked in behind the snake, he took in a strong smell of dust. Bagshot must have been holed up in there for awhile, possibly to avoid any contact Death Eaters.