Chapter 34-Friends, New & Old

It had been just over a month since the Trio and Draco and escaped Malfoy Manor. Draco had learned that Wormtail's false hand had killed him when he hesitated to kill Potter, which meant Snape was free to step back into Draco's old position. While the potion was brewing, Hermione had taught him how to apparate so he wouldn't have to rely on vaporizing anymore.

At the moment, they were preparing for the trip to Gringotts. Griphook had promised to assist as long as he got the sword of Gryffindor in return, and the Polyjuice Potion was ready for Hermione to turn into Bellatrix. 

"Are you sure it's her hair?" Weasley said to Hermione as she stepped into the bathroom, holding a Bellatrix-style outfit Fleur had managed to procure from her Triwizard stylist. "Because last time you thought you had Milicent Bulstrode's hair and it was a bloody cat!"

Draco laughed, earning a stern look from Hermione. The girl turned back to Weasley to reassure him. "Yes, I'm sure. She got it on me during her carving session." The two boys grimaced and looked at each other. "And there were literally no animals anywhere, Ronald," Hermione added.

"I just want to make sure none of us has to dress up in...that..." Weasley finished, pointing to the tight corset.

"Then you all owe me one, don't you?" With that, Hermione shut the door.

"Ron," Bill called. "I need your help out in the garden."

"Coming!" Ron yelled back. As an aside, he muttered, "Even when Mum's not here, I still have to answer to her."

Draco was about to apparate to Blaise's home in Italy for their scheduled visit when Potter entered the room.

"Malfoy," Potter acknowledged. "I'm sure by now you're tired of hearing how Ron and I will kill you if you hurt Hermione, but you should also know I'm coming around."

"Thanks," Draco said. "And when are we going to talk about the fact that the Dark Lord went to Dumbledore's grave to look for the Elder Wand?"

Stunned, Potter walked closer and sat down in the chair across from him. "How did you know that?"

"Same as you," Draco explained. "You get those visions because you're connected to him by that scar. I think mine were passed down from my father or something to do with a glitch in the Death Eater initiation spell."

"I haven't told the others yet, and obviously neither have you. But that's because I want to reassure them by knowing where it is, and we haven't got a clue. When you did all your research for him, you tracked it to Dumbledore, didn't you?"

Draco nodded. "If he doesn't have it, then I don't know who could." Telling Potter that Draco had the wand would only put the wand in danger. He figured that even though he'd betrayed Voldemort, he wouldn't be as important as if Voldemort knew he had the wand. "But I still think we should tell them. There's no harm in that."

Potter agreed. "Then I'll tell them when they're back. Are you going to Blaise's now?"

"Yeah, I haven't seen him in two years so I'll have to catch him up on everything." Draco wasn't going to Gringotts with the Trio and Griphook because there wouldn't be enough room for everyone, and he'd elected to stay behind since it was easier to disguise Weasley and Potter was short enough to fit under the Invisibility Cloak with Griphook.

"I almost forgot," Draco added. He reluctantly pulled out the Invisibility Cloak from his robe pocket. "You'll need this. And, er, again, I'm sorry for destroying your nose and stealing this last year."

Potter rolled his eyes. "I reckon there'll be a lot of apologizing between you, me, and Ron for a long time."

"Good luck, and be careful. Griphook isn't the most trustworthy person in the world. I honestly think the only reason he didn't give me away in the Manor is because it wouldn't have suited him either. He's selfish and doesn't approve of wizards."