Chapter 9-Spattergroit

Draco sighed and helped collect those who had yet to apparate. The Death Eaters were interrogating everyone who was left, but no one was harmed since no one was muggle-born. Voldemort, upon realizing that Potter was gone, had departed the reception without warning. As far as Draco knew, the other groups of Death Eaters were out breaking into Order members' homes to determine Potter's location.

"Check the house!" yelled Bellatrix as she and Alecto walked down the tent. Draco nearly groaned and decided to go with them. He followed the two witches into the Burrow and up the stairs.

"No, Bellatrix, you check this floor," Alecto commanded. Bellatrix merely cackled and branched off to explore.

"Draco," Alecto turned to him, "I'm sure you wouldn't mind checking the bedrooms while I go up to the attic."

"Sure," he replied. That task was indeed perfect. Of course, he didn't find anything...until he found Hermione and Weaslette's room. Ginny Weasley's side seemed a bit cluttered, with some clothes lying around, but Hermione's side was spotless. Draco checked her wardrobe only to find it empty. The only reason Draco even knew Hermione had been here was that she had once told him about the summers she spent at the Burrow and that she always stayed with Ginny. It seemed that Hermione knew that she, Potter, and Weasley might have to leave without a moment's notice and had everything packed for days.

Draco sat down on her bed and wondered where she could be, if she was safe, and under what circumstances they would see each other again. If there was anyone who could possibly ease Draco's conscience about all the suffering Draco had witnessed and done nothing to stop, it would be Hermione.

"Bloody Baron," Draco heard Alecto muttering as her footsteps got closer. He immediately rose and walked out.

"All clear," he reported. "I take it you found nothing in the attic?"

"On the contrary," the Carrow sister replied. "Looks like one of the Weasleys has got spattergroit."

"How pleasant," Draco cringed. The two encountered Bellatrix at the bottom of the stairs, messing around with the Weasleys' furniture.

"That's enough, Aunt Bella," Draco told her. "The Dark Lord won't be too pleased to know you're wasting time."

The witch dropped a chair back onto the floor and cackled as she ran out to the tent. When Draco and Alecto caught up with her, they informed the other Death Eaters what they had found.

Draco unconsciously caught the eyes of each Weasley as they glared at the Death Eaters from where all the reception guests were lined up. Ron Weasley wasn't among them, of course. Draco had seen him find Hermione before the Golden Trio vanished.

"Spattergroit?" someone exclaimed. "For Salazar's sake!"

Rabastan turned to Draco. "So, which one of them is that? They all look the same to me."

Draco just shrugged.

"What about the one in your year?" Amycus asked. "Is that one here?"

Draco gave the Weasleys a once over for show and shook his head. "Ron Weasley isn't here. He must be the sick one."

"Yes," Arthur Weasley stepped forward, "it's our son, Ron, who's gotten sick. Now, what's it to you? You'd like a case of spattergroit yourself, is that it?"

"Defensive as always, Arthur," Snape spoke up. "Now, moving on—"

"Wait a second!" Rabastan interrupted. "I swear I saw Ron Weasley at the reception."

"You can't tell them apart, for crying out loud," Draco told him, "so how can you be sure of that?"

"Well...." Rabastan trailed off.

"I didn't see him here at all," Draco declared. "You must've seen one of them or a cousin or something." He pointed to the Weasleys.

"Moving on!" Snape tried again. "You Weasleys claim to not know the current whereabouts of Harry Potter, but do you confirm that he was here before?"

"We don't answer to murderers," Weaslette spat.

Snape narrowed his eyes and clenched his jaw as he leaned in closer to the girl. "I suggest you quickly determine your chances of survival in a situation with multiple murderers in charge. Then we'll see if answering us is your best option."

He backed up and said, "No one shall leave until we have learned what we need to know. There will be no movement, no discussion, and if I hear so much as a breath or a sob, there will be consequences."

Just then, two Death Eaters entered the tent with Luna and Xenophilius Lovegood bound up.

"These two live just over the hill," one Death Eater said.

The other added, "No sign of Potter there, but this is the one that's been writing all that nonsense in the Quibbler. Big fan o' Dumbledore, eh?"

Luna just looked around while her father kept his mouth shut.

"You know," Amycus began, "I do believe there is a lesson to be learned here." He approached Luna and gently caressed her cheek. Luna stood still and looked off into space.

The Carrow brother stepped back. "Take the girl back to the Manor."

"No!" Xenophilius exclaimed. "You can't! You can't take my Luna!"

"Easy does it," Amycus said. "All you have to do in order to get your daughter back is inform us when Harry Potter comes to your home. After all, your Quibbler is proof that he can find support in you and your readers. Once Potter's in our hands, we'll return your precious Luna."

The Death Eaters all laughed as Luna was removed from the premises. Just before she left, she made eye contact with Draco, sealing his unspoken promise to help her.

Within the hour, everyone had been questioned and sent home, and the Death Eaters returned to Malfoy Manor.

Voldemort had once more called them all into the drawing room to discuss the night's events.

Once they were all in place, he began, "Despite Potter's disappearance, it has been a rather successful night. I am now in control of the Ministry, and thus, we are one step closer to ridding the Wizarding World of its impurities!"

His exclamation elicited cheers from around the room, but they were quickly silenced.

"The homes of all the Aurors and Order members have been overturned. I hear a great effort was spent on Diggle."

"We burned his house good!" someone called out, causing some laughter.

"I also understand those of who went to the Tonks' household never returned?" Voldemort turned to Draco, who gave the affirmation.

"Hmm. They shall be in for quite a surprise if they are found. But they are not our priority. Where are Rowle and Dolohov?"

"My Lord," Snape spoke, "they must still be out after Potter."

"Weren't they on Manor duty?" Draco asked.

"You see, my followers," the Dark Lord explained, "I have placed a curse on the feared name of Lord Voldemort so that we can track whoever dares utter it. And you all know, of course, only the people we are looking for would attempt such a thing. So when we were notified that someone spoke my name, I sent Rowle and Dolohov to determine who the violators were."

"It has been some time since they departed," Alecto spoke.

Draco wondered how she and Snape were informed of this before he was. He decided he wanted to participate further. "My Lord, where did they go? I can go check on them."

"Tottenham Court Road," Voldemort answered. "I find your initiative quite well placed. You shall accompany me to our location. The rest of you are dismissed for now."

A/N: I encourage you all to share this book with your friends, comment, vote, and keep on reading! Thank you all so much!