Chapter 32-Escape from Malfoy Manor

For a moment, Draco was worried his aunt wouldn't agree, but she stood up and called for Wormtail. Pettigrew stepped out from the little doorway in front of the dungeon.

"Do as Draco said," Bellatrix told him. Wormtail quickly rushed into the dungeon as Bellatrix motioned for Evans to deal with Hermione. The Snatcher stood her up before holding her hands behind her back.

As Wormtail brought Griphook out, Draco locked eyes with the goblin. He really hoped, for both their sakes, that Griphook would know better than to tell the truth in hopes of freedom. If he had his wand, at least he could have Imperiused the goblin.

Breaking contact with Griphook, Draco's eyes suddenly caught Hermione's. She looked broken and exhausted, staring back at Draco with a mix of emotions. He really wanted to let her know how sorry he was, but he kept his face expressionless.

He stumbled to the side, catching himself before anything could happen. Looking back at Hermione, he noticed she seemed to be concerned or taken aback. That was when he noticed the pool of blood dripping by his feet.

He turned and carefully made his way across the room to the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Bellatrix asked. "Can't handle a little blood?"

"I left my wand upstairs," Draco said, realizing it was probably the first time he'd ever told her the truth about something.

She cackled. "Poor boy. Don't worry, your dear aunt will teach you about wandless magic someday!"

Ignoring her, Draco made it out of the room and up the stairs as fast as he could without getting dizzy. He would have vaporized but he didn't think he had the energy. Finally, he entered his room and retrieved his wand.

"Episkey," he said, pointing it at the back of his head. It didn't seem to work—the damage must've been greater than he thought. What was that spell Snape said he had used after Potter hit Draco with Sectumsempra?

"Vulnera sanentur," he spoke as he recalled. The first time was for slowing the blood flow, but he needed to repeat it two more times before applying dittany, if he remembered correctly.

CRACK! Suddenly, Dobby appeared in Draco's bedroom.

"Dobby? What are you doing here?"

The house-elf grinned with excitement. "Dobby is happy to see Master Malfoy after so long! Dobby was sent here by Aberforth Dumbledore to help Harry Potter, but when Dobby realized it was the master's house, Dobby had to go to him first!"

"Quickly, go to the dungeons and get everyone out of there! Then come back for Hermione and Griphook."

"As you wish, sir!" Dobby exclaimed, disapparating .

Thank Merlin that house-elves could apparate wherever they wanted to and thank Salazar that Aberforth somehow knew to send one. Unfortunately, as he was distracted by Dobby, Draco rushed back downstairs without completing the healing process Snape had shown him the previous year.

When he entered the room, he noticed that no one had really changed positions. Griphook had a fresh cut on his cheek.

"You say this sword is not real?" Bellatrix exclaimed.

Draco let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding. He was safe—Griphook hadn't given him away. As he circled around the room to the door near the dungeon, he heard a crack and knew Dobby must have transported everyone by that time.

"Wormtail," he said to the idiotic guard, "I know you're not very bright, but when you hear a noise coming from somewhere it shouldn't be, you should really go see what it is."