Chapter 28-Reunited

Draco vaporized himself and Weasley to the Forest of Dean, landing by a frozen pond in the middle of the woods.

"Bloody hell!" Weasley exclaimed. "What just happened?"

"We vaporized," Draco told him as he took in their surroundings.

"How? Is that one of your Death Eater powers?"

Draco rolled his eyes and turned to the confused redhead. "Yes, it is. And if you have a problem with that, I can take you right on back and tie you up like in second year."

Weasley paused to remember before glaring at Draco. "Yeah, I never did get you back for that."

Ignoring him, Draco took the sword out from his sheath. "Look, I need you to give this to Potter and Her—Granger." He glanced at Weasley as he corrected his mistake, but it seemed the third member of the Golden Trio hadn't noticed.

"How? You want me to just waltz in with the sword? Hermione's gonna kill me!"

If only.

"I don't care how you do it," said Draco. "But you absolutely cannot mention me. As much as I hate to be uncredited, you need to make it seem like you escaped on your own. The Dark Lord's mind might still be connected to Potter's, so if he has any knowledge of me, it's dangerous to the both of us."

"Bloody likely he'd believe me," Weasley muttered. "Alright, give me the sword."

Draco handed the sword to Weasley, but as he grabbed the hilt from Draco, he tripped sideways and the sword flew out of his hand and onto the pond.

"Nice one, Weasel," Draco commented as he reluctantly helped the boy to his feet. "I know there's not much going on in that brain of yours, but if you want to stand a chance against the Dark Lord you really need to step it up."

When Weasley didn't respond, Draco turned to see what he was looking at. The sword was no longer resting on the ice, which had cracked and spread apart, presumably from contact with the sword.

"I don't even want to know how the sword could've landed so perfectly for that to happen," Draco said.

"Accio sword," Ron tried.

"It's the sword of Godric bloody Gryffindor, it doesn't work like that. We have to try something else."

"What do you mean? We've got to like...go in and get it?"

Draco nodded. "Seeing as I'm the one who brought you here, it's your turn to do something risky."

"No way, mate, it's bloody winter. I'll literally freeze,"

Raising an eyebrow, Draco told him, "Alright, then, I see one option."

Raising Yaxley's wand, he spoke, "Expecto patronum!"

The familiar white wolf burst from the wand and walked out of the forest away from the two boys.

"What are you doing?" Weasley asked.

"If you won't jump in and I certainly won't jump in, then I can think of one person who would."

"You're barking."

"I'm a wolf, not a dog." Before Weasel could retort, Draco commanded, "Stand here behind this tree. You don't want him to see you until after he's got the sword for obvious reasons."

"And what about you?"

"I'm done here." With that, Draco vaporized only ten feet away. From a distance, he saw Potter following the wolf to the pond. Draco made his way out of the forest and towards a tent in the middle of the green.