Chapter 8

I was woken up by those horrible nightmares again. I was perspiring. I opened my eyes to be greeted by darkness. I was breathing heavily. 

In

Out

In

Out

The lights immediately opened and I squinted my eyes, my eyes still not used to the bright surroundings. Then I smelt him. I slowly opened my eyes to see Nathan beside me. And after a few minutes, Zach barged into my room.

"Are you alright now?" he panted. He probably runs from his house to the pack house. 

I tried to sit up but was too weak to do so. I realized my mouth was dry so I mustered all the strength I can to speak. "Water" it sounded like 'wha haa' but they still understood it clearly.

I was already chugging all the water I could from the bottle in a few seconds. "Wow, you're a heavy drinker aren't ya?" Nathan said as he sat down.

I nodded at Zach to say I was now alright. He placed the bottle in the table beside me.

"What happened?" Nathan asked me, stroking my hair.

Then it came to me. Right, I fainted. I looked at Zach to see his eyes asking for permission. I shook my head. He was the only one who was supposed to know the story, and my father. I only told him the basic facts of what happened and he understood it.

"Was it blood?" I choked out, referring to the wet thing I have touched.

Nathan nodded "Rouges, they were here" 

Rouges

Rouges

My deep hatred for those banished wolves is starting to resurface, my wolf fighting for control. Nathan suddenly held my arm. Sparks flying to my whole being. My wolf responded immediately by being calm. One touch from my mate was all I needed to calm myself down, but that wouldn't change the fact that I would go nutz if I ever see a rouge, those unmerciful killers.

"Bad word huh" Nathan asked Zach who replied with a nod.

I removed my arm on his hold even though my wolf was completely against it.

"You've been out for a day" my father entered the room, "You shouldn't train them for a while and go to rest" he sighed looking at me.

"I gotta go" Zach suddenly felt alarmed. My father nodded and went with him.

Before he left completely he told Nathan "Watch her for a while will you?" which Nathan whole heartedly agreed to. Jerk

Great, being stuck in a room with the person who was meant to be yours forever but instead of having the happily ever after I have in my mind, I ended up recalling the worst scenarios there is. Just talk about awkward.

"Hey, Nathalie" he said in a hushed tone. I didn't respond, instead, I scooted to the other side of the bed and letting my back face him.

I was expecting him to at least apologize for rejecting me but no, the moon goddess has other plans to ruin my already ruined heart 

"You're still angry with me?" 

Silence

"You can't get mad at me for wanting the best for my pack" he sighed. And that's when I started to get angry. 

"You don't think I want the best for my pack too!? Not because your parents are practically the king here doesn't mean you are the only one who cares about the pack." My voice starting to get smaller. I was always like this when I'm angry. My voice from the loudest to the lowest. 

 "Urgg" I let those escape my mouth. I moved a little only to feel that I really was perspiring too much. Nathan smelt it and grinned. 

"Just give me some clothes" I mumbled under my breath. Not bothering to look at him.

I heard shuffle noises before Nathan returned. "Here" He gave me a set of folded clothes. I sat up slowly ready to change when I realized that 'he' is still here. I gave him a look. "What?" he asked "Oh yeah I'll just" he blushed before he left the room. Wait, did he really... you know, blush? 

"What’s so funny?" Nathan shouted from outside when he heard me chuckle, wait seriously did I just...

I ignored him and went to the process of changing my clothes. 

He's dead!

SERIOUSLY!?

A tank top and shorts!?

WHAT AM I!? 

I wasn't angry or anything, I was actually smiling because of his childishness 

Don't let it get to you Nathalie, he rejected you remember? 

Yeah! Right! I should keep my walls up. I sighed because of what is happening to me.

 Then it clicked to me.

He knew it; he knows that if he doesn't keep his distance he can strengthen the bond of mates. He knew it and I hate it. I hate that I get things because of my title at the pack. I hate it.

"Babe" a whiny voice came outside. Who was that supposed to be?

"Hey" Nathan said in a harsh voice

"Why are you here!?" he continued. Don't keep your voice down, I can still hear you.

"Babe why did you left me after we had it, you know I don't like being left after a wild night" she said in a high pitched tone

"What argg shhh!" Nathan's voice followed

Then their scent slowly faded. Wild night huh. I looked at my palms. Thank you mystery girl for putting my feelings where it should have been. I really was nothing. Oh why would I care!?

But still..

I knew it, he wanted me for power. 

Just like everybody else.

I only realized that there was only one person who didn't and I realized it when it's already too late...

*****

Guy’s thank you for reading this terrible story, I know, I'll try my best in the next then the next then the next chapter...

So...

Who was Nathalie talking about o.o?

Find out in a few more chapters! ^_^