Chapter 10

My eyes started to feel heavy and I was close to drift off. This wasn't the best place to sleep but my tiredness was kicking in. Zach didn't seem to mind me sleeping in his lap. He was staring at the TV intensely at the game. My vision was starting to get blurry and I was about to fall asleep. Finally.

Then I was woken up by a low threatening growl. I immediately sat straight up at the intensity; Zach seemed to be woken up too.

"What are you doing!?" he growled. He was angry, more than angry because my wolf was telling me to go to him and assure him about something. Assure him that I wasn't the one making out here. Assure him I wasn't doing anything wrong! I was starting to get angry too. I looked at him and snapped "What the hell!?" 

"WHAT. ARE. YOU. DOING?" I could feel his wolf fighting for control.

"Isn't it obvious I was sleeping!" I shouted getting madder by the minute.

"You were sleeping!? Wohoow, that didn't look like it" he was starting to get closer his eyes switching colors. And he has the right to get mad after the scene he has just showed earlier.

"Like what you did!?" I shouted. My eyes were probably burning with fury because if I were a cartoon character right now, there would be smoke coming out of my ears and nose. Zach touched my shoulder trying to calm me down. It calmed me a little bit but not the other guy’s wolf. He retreated his hand once another growl erupted in his mouth.

I looked at him straight in the eye with fury plastered on my face. He looked to be taken aback by my reaction.

"Thought so" I said before standing up pulling Zach along. 

"Now where are you going?" he asked a bit more calm. 

"Were going to enjoy ourselves" I said a bit of tinted. Of course we weren't really 'going to have fun' I was just too angry at him and I wanted a payback even though we won't going to do it. It was lucky for him that it was only fake, good for him that I'm not like who he is.

"Oh right, cause that's what you are, you slut" He was grinning but it suddenly faded when what he said sunk in. 

Slut

I was looking at him angry, pained, sad and other emotions I, myself, couldn't explain. He judged me too much. When I see him with another girl making out IN FRONT of ME I didn't said anything to him. But, saying it to my face when it wasn't utterly true was too much.

He looked at me with regret. Too bad, you already said it, you let it slip away.

You know the feeling of getting cut by a broken glass? Well, it hurts much more. The person who was supposed to accept you, love you, care for you, insulted you and rejected you? Isn't he satisfied? I was already mate less and now he's calling me a slut? A whore?

"Shh, don't cry" Zach wiped a tear that escaped my eyes. He held my hand and looked at him.

"You don't know a fucking thing about her. You don't know the pain she has felt for all these years. You don't know how she tried to be what she's like today. You don't know how dreamy her eyes get when she talks about finding her mate. You don't know how much she would give up for her mate, even her best friends. You don't know? You don't know how she wouldn't even wear shorts outside even if it’s burning! She always thought 'If my mate would see me, he'd get angry, I don't want him to get angry' huh!? You don't know how painful it is for us who cared so much about her, who tried our best to fix the broken Nathalie, guess what? We can't! There was only one person who can fix her but instead he ruined her MORE! Aren't you having fun you fucking bastard!" He finished talking because he was shaking furiously.

He was about to hit Nathan but I hugged him "Please, No...”

"See bastard, even if you hurt her, I still can't punch you" he said hugging me and helped me walk outside. He planted a kiss on my forehead then hugged me tightly. 

Then did I only realize I was crying so hard because my top was starting to get wet and so is his.

I managed to laugh when he noticed it too...

I'm really lucky to have a best friend like him...