Chapter 24

"Are you serious?" I asked not blinking, is he serious about this? I mean, didn't they provided a house for them?

He looked at me nothing but in a straight face. He shook his head "No, I'm not... so?" he asked, tilting his head slightly.

I punched him on his chest, which I will add, is very hard underneath. "Ouch! That hurts" he placed a hand in his chest. I rolled my eyes. "Seriously, I'm not joking, you don't have any place to sleep?" 

He rolled his eyes at me before letting out a sigh "A woman gave birth to pups, the room wasn't enough so I gave them mine." he finished with a smile, absolutely satisfied with what he had done.

"Show off" I mumbled to myself. "Hey! I heard that" he said.

‘There are rouges in our territory.' The beta's voice came into my head through mind link. He sounded panicked. 

I felt Luke tense as my body did, someone might have also alerted him. 

Why does the moment have to always be ruined? I thought to myself as we both headed out to the door. 

It didn't take long enough before I smelt blood. I heard voices, voices that were usually heard in battle. I stopped and placed an arm in front of Luke. Reality sank in as I felt them "Ambush" and the moment I said it, 6 wolves came out. Saliva dripping out of their mouths, I'm not sure because it's 10 in the evening and the sun was pretty much asleep.

And before we could move a muscle, all of them charged at us like we're the main course. I pushed the one in front of me then kicked the one at the back. Something wet came contact with my bare arm, wait, it wasn't just wet, and it was poison. Werewolf poison, the one that can kill you instantly when you're bitten. I read it when I was a kid, I thought it was only legend, but the situation my arm is in, it's definitely real.

"Take care, it's poisonous." Luke said before breaking the wolves’ neck. If we weren't on a battle, I would have rolled my eyes at him. "No..." I said full of sarcasm. I threw one of the wolves at the other with force that it went far away from us before continuing "I haven't noticed." 

"Will you...” *Punch* "stop" *Kick* "I was only helping!" he took a deep breath before examining all the 'rouges' that were either: dead or unconscious. 

Correction:

Mutations