Chapter 28

Other wolves who have found their mate might tell you that when your mate touches you, you will feel sparks and butterflies on your stomach and your heart won't stop beating fast. But right now, who told you that mates can only feel those kinds of special effects? 

Luke has his arm wrapped around me and even though there aren't sparks like fireworks, there's still something visible. It's very weird, considering he's not my mate, which may I add, is standing right in front of us.

The closeness we had was something I have grown fond of. The blush is an evidence.

"Take my hands of my mate." Nathan's voice suddenly became deeper and more powerful.

Luke didn't flinch because he also has the same Alpha blood as him. He let out a scoff, "You lost that chance the moment you rejected her." his voice matching the intensity that Nathan had.

Being flattered to being terrified is a great way of putting my emotions right now. 

Correction... Awkward.

"It's. None. Of. Your. Business." Nathan snapped, I felt him moving forward as Luke slowly put me in his back. 

"She's my business." Luke tried to stay calm but failing epic as his voice betrayed him.

"Is that a challenge?" Nathan said.

"Bring it on." 

Before anyone could do something harmful I suddenly said out loud "I love Pussy!" which is is unladylike.

Two pair of eyes was trained on me. "What?" I asked in all seriousness. "She's my cat!" I waved my arms defensively. By the weird sounds coming from them, I suppose they're trying to contain their laughter. 

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, spill." I crossed my arms in annoyance as both men erupted in a fit of laughter. 

"HAHAHAHA! Did you hear yourself?" Luke tried to breathe as he makes out his sentence. 

"I didn't-hahaha- know-haha-that you-haha-were the kind- hahahaha- of- hahaha- gi-ha-girl!" Nathan said, clutching his stomach as he helplessly lay on the grass. 

I was confused before the thing sink. My eyes widen in realization as the urge to defend myself kick in "NO! IT'S REALLY MY CAT! CAT I TELL YOU!" I shouted going closer to them. 

Their laughter didn't subside for at least n bit so I decided to leave them rot in the forest. 

But before I make my grand exit.

...

A branch suddenly popped out of nowhere.

"Nathalie wait!" Nathan shouted.

"Hey!" Luke said.

Too late my mind said as it processed my epic fall.

I let out an oof as I landed on someone. 

Humiliation

Pure Humiliation

Out of all times and persons.

Why me? 

I took a deep breath before finally looking up at the person who is now my cushion. 

I was expecting it to be Luke; but unfortunately, he's a foot away, staring at my position... I mean our position. I looked up at Nathan to see his eyes trained on me, both his arms encircled on my waist. "Hey love." he said as the sparks ignite on the skin he has touched. Oh my gosh, this is worse than Luke's. 

Of course it is stupid! My wolf shouted, obviously enjoying this crazy moment. 

I suddenly felt myself being conscious about what I looked like right now. 

"Okay, okay enough." Luke said, helping me up by throwing me on his shoulder. "Hands off." Nathan said, all seriousness banished in his tone. I frowned. Then again, realization sank in. 

Luke's hand is touching my butt.