Chapter 22

"Hey hey hey slow down" I managed a small smile. He was acting like a 6-year-old. The 6-year-old I've once been with. We went to the backyard, where the yard and the forest met. Where we always meet.

He let out a breath before sitting down on the swing set. Oh yeah, have I forgot to tell you that the swing set is where we always hang out? No? Okay.

He sat on his swing (the left) then I sat on mine. My palms were starting to sweat. My hands instinctively went on the back of my neck. "Same as always" he smiled at me, swinging a little bit. I looked up at him frowning, confusion clear in my eyes. He smiled again and reached for my hand. He took my hand that was on my neck and intertwined his fingers with mine. I felt a blush coming out. My hand immediately tried to go to my neck but his hand stopped me. 

"You're still cute when you blush." he inched closer and tried to see my blush that was hidden by my hair. I pushed his face jokingly with my other hand. I was used to him before but, why do I have to be... like this, now? 

Arg! My heart's going to explode any minute if you don't stop this now! 

Do you want it to stop? My inner voice said. 

No I said immediately.

This is torture.

Torture I say!!

"Hey, hey" he poked me again and again. Then he just hit the spot.

I jumped in surprise as an evil glint appeared in his eyes. He slowly stood up before slowly, coming closer with both his index finger extended. My eyes widen in horror "No, Luke, that's bad!" I tried to sound like my 1st grade teacher. His smile growing bigger as he comes closer. "Don't!" I tried to contain a laugh. My feet walking away, still sitting on the swing. Then I noticed that that's far as I can go. I didn't know my eyes could get any wider but they did. I tried to get up only to be tickled by the horrible monster.

"No" *Laugh* "Ple-" *Breathe* *Laugh* His hands were hitting my ticklish spot, making my laughter louder. 

I tried to remove myself but from the position I'm in: Sitting on the swing, my feet numb, my stomach aching, the swing could no longer stretch itself without going up. Then I'd fall.

When I fell Luke let out a gasp but the laughter was still there since he saw me perfectly fine, I was clutching my stomach from laughing so hard. My hand took a fist amount of grass as my laughter still not giving up.

"Woah woah woah, calm down there little bunny" he moved to my side and tried to help me stand as my laughter started to die down.

"I hate you" I said in an angry (joking) voice as I mimicked his movements earlier. I made my way to him with my fingers ready to launch, his eyes as wide as mine a moment ago.

"Got to go" he said. I looked at him, trying to cover the sadness in my eyes. Now?

"Alpha's calling for me." he sounded serious so I let him go.

Now I'm alone.

I heard some rustling over the forest. I might not be alone. The forest still masking the scent of whoever was out there. 'It might be her' my wolf said. She was talking about the voice I heard a while ago, the one who was supposed to dispose someone in the pack, and well, that's what I think. I took small quiet steps to the direction of the noise. The sound stops and I did too. It seems like it wasn't planning on being caught, that's why she runs. 

I followed her, not bothering to turn into a wolf. Then a scent hit me. It was worse than the smell of old blood. It was a mixture of chemicals I could not determine whether if it's in the periodic table or not but one thing's for sure. 

It can kill anyone.

Even wolves.

..

Especially wolves.

******

AN:

I didn't show Luke and Nathalie's moments because you guys haven't told me if you even want both of them together... ^_^ 

PS. I've edited some of the first chapters by the way... again. XD