Chapter 19

"NOO!!" Mark, a member of the pack which was picked to train for the war, shouted at Carey Mulligan staring as Kathy in the movie Never Let Me Go as she left the house heartbroken because of what Ruth (Keira Knightly) said. This movie was about 2 kids, which was raised in a house only to be a donor of organs in the future, fell deeply in love, but Ruth, Kathy's friend, was so jealous about being left alone if Kathy, the leading girl, and Tommy, the leading boy, got together, so she thought of a plan which includes stealing Kathy's lover, Tommy.

Since they were kids, Ruth and Tommy were together leaving Kathy behind. So going back, Mark was devastated because he thought that it was already the end. But no, the director decided to torture us watchers. As Ruth and Tommy became donors, Kathy became a caretaker. She met Ruth in a hospital bed who just finished her 2nd donation then the movie goes on till she also met Tommy who also has finished his 2nd donation. 

In the end, Ruth will confess that she, indeed, has only 'stole' Tommy away so she won't be alone. Then the two will realize that they have really fallen in love. But not long after Tommy had to give another organ just after they have become a couple! Arg! Most donors don’t last till their 3rd donation. Tommy died. But they all know it. Since they were kids. They were practically born to give their organs and then die, Kathy accepted that fact, so, she, herself, will also start to donate her organs after Tommy died. Such a tragic love story really.

It even made Ryan cry, and so did the others who decided to stop by and watch. "Shh, don't cry, it's just fictional characters" I said through tears. He sobbed before looking up at me "They didn't even have enough time to fall more in love!!" he shouted then he returned sobbing. It reminded me of something, someone particularly. We, also, didn't have that time.

I looked at the carpet before mumbling "Not all people have enough time" 

"Hey!" someone shouted, obviously panting. All the heads turned to look at him. "Have you seen Shane?" Nathan looked at every corner of the house. 

Who the heck is Shane!? My wolf snapped at me. How would I know? I'm not a babysitter last time I checked I snapped back that made her shut up.

"I just saw her here just this morning" someone said.

"You sure?" he breathed out and the guy nodded.

His eyes met mine before his pant started to become even breathing. "Nathalie" he said, his eyes not leaving mine. He frowned "Are you crying?" his voice tight, fists clenched. Ryan answered for me "We were watching Never Let Me Go, she was crying over Andrew Garfield." he half smiled. I suppose he said it for him to calm down but as his eyes starts to shift and his hands tighter than before, he kind of made the situation worse. "It's a movie Nate" I said. And somehow he started to be on the normal side. He smiled a full sincere smile. "You...” he let out a breath before he smiled again "called me Nate" his muscles relaxed. 

I frowned and huffed in annoyance. "What's all the commotion in here?" a voice boomed in the room. Ryan's head snapped into that direction before bowing "Alpha."  

"We were going to train and you're here watching movies" his voice echoing in my head. He's an alpha? 

How long was it? 

When Luke said that to me.