Chapter 30 part 2: The Last Scrappy Chapter.

"28." I counted as I felt my eyes slowly closing. My body's starting to shut down. My clothes look like I took a dip in a pool of blood. My legs were starting to sway as my shoulders slump down. Are they zombies or anything? Well, I'm the one who's looking like a zombie right now. 

"Nathalie!"  Someone shouted. The voice suddenly waking me up. It's Ron. My eyes snapped open as I scanned the whole battle field. My eyes zeroing on a bleeding kid. Even with my weak knees, I run, I pushed myself up even when I was going down. My mind only thinking of saving the boy. My ears ringing as screams filled my head. I pushed the wolf with all the strength I could muster and break its neck. Zach suddenly popped out of nowhere. His eyes widen as his gaze travel down from my head. "Take him." I said, my eyes slightly dropping. "Nathalie...” he said, his voice soft. His arm was bleeding and he has a huge mark on his cheek. I gave him a forced smile then I returned my hard tone "Go. Now." it was more of a command but I don't care. I don't care if they'll hate me, as long as they're safe. 

I looked at the body "29, one...” I coughed out blood. "..More to go.” 

Then boom! I was pinned to the ground; my knees couldn't take it anymore. I was going to die. I closed my eyes, waiting for him to finally kill me. Suddenly, he was off me. I looked at my side to see Luke, all bloody and limping as he fought plenty of wolves. They seemed to only see Luke. 

Then my heart broke. As the wave of wolves leave the body, my heart slowly sank inside. There he was, looking at me, half smiling as he takes his final breath. Love you he mouthed me the words that I never thought would ever exist. His eyes, slowly closing as his breathing finally stops.

What just happened?

No, this couldn't be it. 

This has got to be a terrible joke. 

I crawled my way to Luke but two arms stopped me. I shouted at him, my emotions building up in a mountain. "Let me go!" as he lift me up my fingers left a mark on the ground. But I was too tired to move even. I let myself get carried by Nathan. He removed me from his shoulders and placed me behind a tree. He has a black eye, his lips were cracked and he has a wound on his forehead. 

"I need you safe you hear me?" he said, his eyes too soft for my liking, it reminded me of Luke. I replied with an emotionless stare. 

He sighed and rested his head in my neck. "Finally... I've got to do this." I felt him smile. Sparks even dare to erupt while our bodies have been beaten up. 

"I'm sorry." he whispered.  On instinct, I placed my hand in his hair and hugged him. 

We were broken apart when we heard a loud crashing sound. "That's my cue." he joked and I can't help but smile through the pain. "Go save our pack." he smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheeks before leaving. 

Not long after I felt myself being carried. The scent told me I needed to panic. I tried to shout but nothing came out. We were going through the woods and I caught a glimpse of the battle. Nathan was fighting along with the other survivors. I tried to shout at him but I failed again. So I just stared at him. I was helpless. I was nothing but a rag doll. 

"Nathalie!" he shouted. My eyes snapped up to see him going after me. "Shit." my 'kidnapper' muttered as he noticed him. "We got to get out." he said to himself. Nathan was starting to shrink. Then an idea hit me. I bared my canines and bit his side. He yelped and I fell down. "Stupid girl." he hissed at me. It bought Nathan time as he punched the guy square in the jaw. "Didn't I tell you to stay?" he muttered.

"Mm." then I fell into darkness.

That's how I ended up being cuddled by Nathan. It's been a month since that unfaithful incident. Luckily, Zach and Ron were alive and so are my parents and the other pack's leaders. Thank Goodness that 50% of the pack members were in the safe house. 

"What are you thinking?" he asked me. His eyes boring into mine. I moved to my side, hiding my face. He let out a strained sigh. "It's Luke isn't it?" his tone harsh. "Why can't you try to remove your feelings!? I'm here right?" he removed his arm around my waist and I felt the couch dip, he was on a sitting position. "Why do I feel like a rebound?" he let out a frustrated sigh. I faced him, frowning. "Why? Is it a problem trying moving on? Huh!? Don't I have the right to feel pain?" my voice getting broken than I intended to. He's just too much. I already gave him a chance and it's my entire fault now? 

"Then think of the pain I'm feeling." without another word, he left. 

I'm alone, again.