One Day You Will

Chapter Song

ONE DAY YOU WILL ~ LADY ANTEBELLUM

You feel like you're falling backwards

Like you're slipping' through the cracks

Like no one would even notice

If you left this town and never came back

You walk outside and all you see is rain

You look inside and all you feel is pain

And you can't see it now

But down the road the sun is shining

In every cloud there's a silver lining

Just keep holding on (just keep holding on)

And every heartache makes you stronger

But it won't be much longer

You'll find love, you'll find peace

And the you you're meant to be

I know right now that's not the way you feel

But one day you will

                                                       Chapter quote

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.

- Mother Teresa-

It was the hottest day of summer so far at least that what it felt like to Hermione. She had been cooped up in number 12 Grimmauld Place ever since her mother died. She told Mrs. Weasley that she was adopted but didn't want anyone but her and Ginny to know at that moment. Mrs. Weasley told her that was fine and that she should call her molly not Mrs. Weasley.

Hermione was the only one that ventured into the black family library at the moment she would take the books off the shelves and both the shelves and books down and would put the books back up if they weren't too dark. She took the dark ones and put them into a closet located in the back corner of the room. Surprisingly the section shelves were still mostly full when she finished with it. She did the work at night when molly and the order where in meetings and didn't have her, Ron, Ginny or the twins cleaning up other rooms.

When she finished with one shelf she would sit in the bay window and watch the muggles walking past not realizing that there really was a number 12 Grimmauld place that went unseen to the muggle eye. She hadn't looked back into the chest in the two weeks since she's been here. She wanted to be alone. She thought of moving it into the library but didn't want to impose on Sirius's space; even if he hated the house of his hated youth although he did say he was glad that he wasn't the only one who disliked his family.

"Hermione?" called Ginny.

"I'm in the library." Hermione called back continuing to look out the window down to the street with the muggles.

"Muggle watching are we?" asked Ginny.

"More like gazing."

"The room looks a lot better than when we first got here. Did mum tell you to clean it?" she asked.

"No I just did it for myself plus I thought Sirius might like to have the dark magic books removed. I put them in the closet over there until he decides what to do with them."