Holding On -SP

"Hermione what are you doing?" Ron asked walking into the room of requirement where she had been staying with Sirius.

"The Prophet finally released an article about what happened in the ministry which means they didn't say anything and Sirius is still known as a convicted escaped mass murder."

"Yeah and the Evil toad is still free." Ron said. "Speaking of the evil toad she will be leaving in about an hour and I heard that Peeves was planning a good by for her."

"And McGonagall didn't stop him?" Hermione asked.

"Nope. I think she was encouraging it but hurry up and come on and watch the toad leave and cheer with the others."

"Fine I'll go." Hermione said following Ron out the door giving the book she was about to pick up a fleeting glance.

Hermione and Ron had turned right to get to the first stair case.

"Where are Cedric and Harry?" Hermione asked on their way down

"They went to Hagrid's hut." Ron said. "They should be back up for lunch though."

"Oh." Hermione replied sounding disappointed.

"Did you need to talk to Harry or something?" Ron asked.

"No I needed to talk to Cedric. I'm staying with him and his family for a few weeks during the summer. I might spend a few with Sirius but I am not sure how we will do that." Hermione explained.

"Well here we are Ginny should be around here somewhere and I'm going to go and get Cedric and Harry they would probably want to see that Umbridge is truly leaving." Ron said walking out the castle doors down toward Hagrid's hut.

Hermione groaned and started looking for Ginny. She found her on the far end of the of the entrance hall sitting by a big black dog. The black dog wagged its tail as she got closer. Ginny hadn't spotted her yet but still had a firm grip on the dog's fur so he wouldn't go running through the crowd of people.

"Hermione you are here. I didn't thing you were coming." Ginny said when she spotted Hermione.

"Ron didn't give me a choice." Hermione replied.

"What do you mean?"

"Meaning he wouldn't let me stay and read the book I wanted to read." Hermione replied.

"Well where is he I don't see him?"

"He went to get Harry and Cedric."

"So Cedric and Harry are coming to see Umbridge off?" Ginny asked.

"I guess you could say that. They like everyone else know that Peeves has something planned because he's barely done a thing to wreak havoc among the students like he normally does." Hermione told Ginny.

"I know." Ginny said. "And Snuffles calm down the toad should be here soon."

Hermione knew when Umbridge had made her appearance even though her back was turned toward her and her face was looking at Ginny. Umbridge had appeared at the top of the stair case dress in the same outfit she had worn at the welcoming feast. There were three things that had told her that the toad had appeared at last; the first wad that Sirius (in his dog form of course) had stopped moving around and looked to be in attack mode if the toad had tried anything; the second was Ginny had reached for her wand and was ready to strike if she had to and the last one was that every last student that was in the hall (most had emptied out onto the grounds) had gone eerily quiet when they spotted the evil woman.

Peeves had yet to make an appearance. Hermione and Ginny had restrained themselves and remained inside with the angry animangus. Cedric and Harry had come inside while Ron had not and remained outside. Both boys looked much happier at the quieter atmosphere.