Can't take it

Can't Take It All-American Rejects

I can't take it

This welcome is gone and

I've waited long enough to make it

And if you're so strong

You might as well just do it alone

And I'll watch you go

Hermione did not have a good night sleep for the second night in a row for two reasons one she was thinking about her dad and who he might be and two because her hand hurt like hell. She was not surprised when she woke up the next morning after only a few hours of sleep to see that the scar on her hand was red and in flamed. She decided to go to the hospital wing after sending a letter to 'P' whoever they really were. She told them of Harry his scar and the detention Umbridge put him through even though she went through the same thing. She had just sent off one of the school barn owls when she heard the all too familiar 'hem hem' from behind her.

"Miss. Granger what might I ask are you doing up hear this early?" the vile woman asked.

"I was just finding an owl to send a letter to my dad." Hermione said telling the truth.

"You were going to send a letter to Sirius Black or that vile werewolf friend of his weren't you."

"No. Why would I want to communicate with a criminal like black?" Hermione replied lying through her teeth.

"Let me see the letter." Umbridge commanded Hermione.

Hermione pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to Umbridge. Umbridge read the letter before saying "I thought your father was dead?"

"Well he is. I wrote that letter to him so Mrs. Weasley could put it on his grave when she goes to put flowers on my mum's grave." Hermione said lying through her teeth.

"I find out differently you will be in detention again maybe worse." Umbridge replied giving Hermione back the letter. She stood there and watched as Hermione sent the letter off. Hermione stepped back and started to walk out. Umbridge step back and gave Hermione an evil eye (if you want to call it that it really looked like Fred and George gave her one of their malfunctioning 'treats').

Cedric caught up with Hermione after making sure Umbridge was long gone. He grabbed her hand and took her in to an empty corridor (filch had been in the corridor they were just in). "What?" Hermione screamed at him. "Sorry." She replied once she saw who it was.

"I wanted to tell you about patrols." He replied.

"Oh when do I patrol next?" Hermione asked.

"Tonight if you don't have detention you would patrol after dinner of course."

Hermione started to leave before she remembered his mum worry. "Cedric have you been writing your mum?" she asked.

"Yeah I send her a letter every day after dinner. Why?" he replied.

"She hasn't been getting your letters."

"What how would you know that?" he asked.

"I got a letter from Mrs. Weasley." She replied lying "She was just checking on me seeing how I was doing. I guess your mum express some kind of concern that you hadn't written her yet."

"Someone must be taking my letters then. I got to go and tell Dumbledore."

"Doesn't he have enough to worry about? I could help you. I mean I could even send a letter for your mum to Mrs. Weasley and she could give it to you mum." Hermione replied. "Let's at least try it that way first."