Belive in Me

Hermione was nervous; it was only a few days until the Christmas break was over and the school aged kids would be going back to Hogwarts. She had been in the Black family library reading. She saw Kreacher appear in the hallway. She had figured he came from Mrs. Black's old room.

Later that day Harry deemed it creepy the way Kreacher was looking at him; Hermione agreed. The trio, Ginny and the twins all tried their best to stay away from Kreacher. The end of holiday depression crept over everybody. Hermione could tell Sirius was hit with the worse of it; he was going from a full house to and to and empty or almost empty house.

Besides Sirius depression of everybody leaving; the trio's time before school started again was quite an uneventful; at least until Professor Snape Showed up at Grimmauld Place. Mrs. Weasley had come in the drawing room and dragged Harry to talk to him. She and Ron had been ordered to stay up stairs.

Harry had returned a few minutes later with a grim look on his face.

"So what was that about?" Ron asked.

"I have to take Occlumency lessons from Snape."

"What is that?" Ron asked.

"Occlumency allows someone to close their mind from another person's intrusion."

"Yeah that's what Snape said. Well he said I had to close my mind to Voldemort not really anyone else. Sirius doesn't seem too happy about it." Harry told them both.

"I don't think they like each other. They had pure hatred on their faces when we saw them in the Shrieking Shack third year." Hermione replied back.

"You don't know the half of it their conversation down stairs ended with them drawing their wands after Sirius said something about a chemistry set."

"It doesn't matter it would be good for you if the nightmares stop." Hermione told him.

"I'd keep them because we would know what he was up to." Ron said.

"All children bed now. We don't want to be running late tomorrow." Mrs. Weasley screamed up the stairs at all the kids.

The kids did as they were told and the sounds of their footsteps on the stairs could be heard. The twins were heard with two identical pops going to their room.

~!~

The morning was rushed like Hermione knew it would be. The Weasley's could never go out leaving on time. Breakfast was just eggs and toast. Tonks and Lupin arrived shortly before ten.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked Lupin.

"Were your escorts for the day." Lupin replied.

"Well I'll go check the route." Tonks told Lupin before leaving.

Lupin gave her a nod of acknowledgement before going over to talk to Sirius who looked grimmer than he did the day before.

Twenty minutes later Lupin stood up and declared. "Time to leave."

The bags were grabbed and dragged out side; one person leaving at a time. Ginny went after Mrs. Weasley left. Ron and the twins followed them. Hermione went before Harry. She watched as he was stopped by Sirius saying one final good bye. He was looking at Harry talking about something before handing over a package. 'Belated Christmas gift.' Hermione thought. Sirius and Harry hugged before Harry was rushed away so they could get to the train in time.

When the group gets to the corner Lupin summons the night bus. Stan Shunpike was still the conductor and had to be quieted by Tonks when he began talking to Harry Very loudly. Hermione was surprise to learn that they just took the night but to Hogsmeade instead of Kings Cross station.