New Divide

New Divide ~ Linkin Park

I remembered black skies, the lightning all around me

I remembered each flash as time began to blur

Like a startling sign that fate had finally found me

And your voice was all I heard that I get what I deserve

So give me reason to prove me wrong, to wash this memory clean

Let the floods cross the distance in your eyes

Give me reason to fill this hole, connect the space between

Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies across this new divide

The kids had been at school for a few weeks now and that left Grimmauld place eerily quiet except for the few cries from a hippogriff in one of the rooms and clanging pots down in the kitchen.

"Hi, Molly. Hi, Remus."

"Sirius, you're up earlier this morning."

"I was just writing to Harry." He lied.

"Oh how is he and the others?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"Fine, Harry has had some pain in his scar but that's to be expected. I let him know about Cedric's mum not getting any letters from him."

"That's good. Are you two hungry?"

"Yeah. Has the Prophet come yet?"

"No and I don't know why you would want to read that trash any way."

"To know what the enemy is say Molly. Voldemort isn't the only one we have right now." Replied Remus.

"Great minds think a li... Oh crud. The Prophet is here." Sirius said. "Crap come and read this. He said calling to the others. "Oh. Hi Diggory." He added.

The adult all gathered around Sirius who held the prophet and read.

MINISTRY SEEKS EDUCATIONAL REFORM

DOLORES UMBRIDGE APPOINTED

FIRST EVER HIGH INQUISITOR

"Umbridge – Inquisitor?" said Harry darkly, his half-eaten piece of toast slipping from his fingers. "What does that mean?" Hermione read aloud:

"In a surprise move last night the Ministry of Magic passed new legislation giving itself an unprecedented level of control at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

"'The Minister has been growing uneasy about goings-on at Hogwarts for some time,' said junior Assistant to the Minister, Percy Weasley.'He is now responding to concerns voiced by anxious parents, who feel the school may be moving in a direction they do not approve.'

"This is not the first time in recent weeks that the Minister, Cornelius Fudge, has used new laws to effect improvements at the Wizarding School. As recently as August 30th, Educational Decree Number Twenty-two was passed, to ensure that, in the event of the current Headmaster being unable to provide a candidate for a teaching post, the Ministry should select an appropriate person.

'That's how Dolores Umbridge came to be appointed to the teaching staff at Hogwarts,' said Weasley last night. 'Dumbledore couldn't find anyone so the Minister put in Umbridge, and of course, she's been an immediate success an immediate success, totally revolutionizing the teaching of Defense Against the Dark Arts and providing the Minister with on-the-ground feedback about what's really happening at Hogwarts.'