chapter 14

Niall had gone back home to his family the next day. He’d been there a week now and didn’t like sleeping alone. He wasn’t used to Harry not being at his side, he didn’t like having to cuddle with his pillow, but most importantly he didn’t like not waking up to Harry’s warm body. 

Niall normally woke up late, but the whole time he was home he got up at a decent time. He wasn’t sure why and his family was always asked him what was going on. 

Niall walked down the stairs in only his boxers, his hair a mess from sleep. 

“Mum, did you clean my sweatpants I really like!?” He yelled once he hit the bottom stair and started walking across Greg playing video games. 

“Move queer!” He yelled. Niall shook his head, remembering how often Greg has said that and just realizing how offensive it is. He rolled his eyes, peering into the kitchen. 

“Yeah honey, it’s in the basket on the table.” Maura was cooking breakfast for the family when Niall came in. He placed a kiss on his mom’s cheek before grabbing his sweat pants and pulling them on.

“What you cooking?” He walked to the fridge and grabbed a carton of milk and unscrewed the lid.

“Eggs, bacon, sausage, toa- Niall James! Use a cup!” Niall giggled, pulling the carton from his lips.

“Sorry Mum.” He took a cup from the cabinet and pour himself a glass.

“You almost done? It smells delicious.”

“Yeah just about. Would you mind getting me some plates for everyone?” Niall turned around opening the cabinet back up.

“Yeah? How many?” 

“Four, your dad should be getting back from the office soon.” 

“Why was he at the office so early?” Niall asked setting the plates down by his mom.

“Thanks. He got called in for a meeting about an hour ago. Said it shouldn’t take him long.” Maura pour the food on the four plates, taking the hot pans tot he sink. They sizzled under the water. Niall grabbed as many plates as he could and took them to the table.

“Niall, dear, sit down I’ve got this.” She tried to stop him, reaching for the plates in his hands.

“No I’ve got it Mum!” Niall laughed taking the others he couldn’t hold. Once the table was set he saw him mom washing the dishes.

“Mum, sit down and eat, I’ll do them later.” 

“No It’s okay.”

“Mum.”

“Fine.” She shot off the water, putting her hands on her hips as she walked over t the table.

“Hey ass wipe, foods done!” Niall yelled into the other room to his brother.

“Niall, watch your mouth.”

“Sorry…” Niall looked down starting to eat his food. He wasn’t even halfway done when his dad walked in.

“Hey Nialler, there’s a package on the front porch from Harry.” Niall shot out of his chair quicker than his dad walked in, smiling like crazy. He flew the door back, ripping the box to shreds right there.

He went through the packaging and pulled it out by its neck. “What the-“

“Boo!” Harry jumped from around the corner of Niall’s house, causing Niall to scream like a little girl.

“Harry you jerk!” He put his present back in the box before running and squeezing Harry as tight as possible. When Harry pulled back he went to place a kiss on Niall’s lips but Niall pushed him back.

“Niall?”

“I haven’t told my family yet, they don’t even know I’m gay.” He said the latter half quieter. Harry just brought him back into a hug.

“So what’s this for?” Niall asked, pulling it back out of the box. 

“Its a Ukulele painted like an Irish flag. It reminded me of you, cuz you’re Irish and you play guitar.”

“I don’t know if I could play a Ukulele, they’re harder than guitar.” 

“Niall you should put a shirt one, it’s cold out here.”

“I wasn’t planning on being out here this long.” Niall chuckled.

“Well lets go inside.” Niall led them inside. “Harry’s here.” 

Niall led them into the room where they were eating before. Greg’s plate wasn’t there along with him, Niall’s plate had been wiped clean. Niall bit his lip.

“Here, I’ll fix you a plate.” Maura went to stand up. 

“I already ate, but thank you.” Harry said politely.

“Are you sure, it’s no big deal?” 

“Yeah It’s fine.” 

“Me and Harry are gunna go upstairs.” Niall said, pulling Harry out of the room. They walked through the room in which Greg was playing video games, plate of food in his lap.

“You took my food, jerk!” Niall said, stopping before heading up the stairs.

“Bitch!”

“Ass hole!”

“Dick head!”

“Cunt!”

“Faggot!” Niall stopped, his face growing red, biting his lip and his hands clenching with anger. Harry grabbed his clenched hand and pulled them up the stairs. Harry shut the door behind Niall and hugged him close.

“I see why you never told your brother.”

“He’s an asshole. It’s never been a problem until now.” Niall said into Harry chest. Harry pressed his lips to the top of Niall’s hair.

Niall pressed Harry up against his door and held onto his waist. Harry stroked his hand through Niall hair. 

“Niall you should tell your parents though.” Harry said softly, hoping not to hurt his boyfriend.

“I know.” 

“Before we go to America.” 

“But that’s in a week.”

“I know.”

“How long are you staying here?” 

“Maybe three days, unless you want me to leave?”

“No! Stay.”

Harry smiled, walking over to Niall’s couch. Niall followed, leaning into Harry’s embrace.

“So, what have you been doing without me?” Harry smiled, rubbing Niall’s stomach. That made Niall giggle.

“Well, I’ve played a lot of video games, I played my guitar a lot, oh and I actually picked up a book and began reading. I went shopping with Darren and we played-” Niall was interrupted by Harry pressing his lips against Niall’s. Niall pushed Harry back.

“You ask me a question then interrupt me.” Niall tried to sound hurt, but failed.

“Sorry, you were rambling and I wanted to kiss you.” Niall kiss Harry softly.

“After I finish my story, then you can kiss me all you want.” Harry smiled, encouraging Niall to continue.