Vampire Guardian: Chapter 4.

Chapter 4

Bad Company - Jule Vera

The obnoxious meows from Mittens awakens me from my long sleep. I toss my blankets off of me and I rub my drowsy eyes, dragging my feet along the wooden floor.

The sunlight shines brightly through the windows which gives a dim light in my house. Perks of not having curtains at all.

I go to the kitchen, turning on the brewer to make coffee. When I look down Mittens is rubbing her face along one of the legs of the table.

"You hungry girl." I mutter to her while grabbing a canned food and opening it for her. I put it in her bowl while she comes crashing in besides me to start eating. I grin, giving her a long stroke on her back before getting back up and going to the bathroom.

When I finish rinsing and brushing my teeth I change into a pair of athletic clothes and I go back to the kitchen, getting a mug full of coffee.

Luckily it's almost lunch time so I take out two pieces of bread and put it in the toaster. While it's toasting I grab the container of Nutella and when it pops from the toaster, I smear the melting chocolate spread on the warm toast.

I try not to think about last night with the phone call. My dad always does this and it makes me upset but I shouldn't be upset about it. I'm not the one doing anything wrong. I roughly bite into my sandwich and I sigh in annoyance.

My phone buzzes and I look down, seeing a message from Karley. She's wondering if I want to go to a Frat party with her tonight. Do I really? Should I go and try to forget the problems I have with my dad? I do need a distraction right now than staying home by myself in my own thoughts. I need to explore and have a good time with the people that I actually love.

I reply to her that I'd love to go and I soon get a response from her saying that Angela, a friend of ours will pick her up then me because she's not going to drink.

I walk back into my room and I start to change to get ready for work. I dress with a tank top and a flannel over. I put on ripped jeans and my checkered slip on Vans.

I pet Mittens goodbye before leaving my house and drive to the mall. When I check in, my manager wanted me to work at the register. I grumble under my breath because I hate working as the cashier.

~*~

I finish scanning a customers pile of clothes and I tell her the total cost before folding the clothes and putting them inside a bag.

She rumbles through her pocketbook before finding her purse and giving me cash. I take it from her hold and I hand her back the change.

"Have a good day." I politely say handing her the bag and she takes it with a warm smile. I soon frown again because this day is slow. I like sorting through the clothes and putting them back and helping people get a changing room because my day goes faster.

I look down to see if I have any bags left and I don't.

"I can take who's next!" I shout so the next person on line can come to me. I turn my back to grab more bags that were placed on the counter behind me that's full with empty hangers.

I run my fingers through my hair and I turn back again stopping in my own steps.

"Holy-" I stop because I know I was ready to curse. I bite my bottom lip and I place the bags I was holding on it's rack.