Vampire Guardian: Chapter 25.

Chapter 25

Swan Song - Lana Del Rey

When we arrived home, Peter didn't say a word. I had so many questions but I was afraid to ask them. Being introduced in this vampire world, there's so much to learn.

"Do you go to the Den to feed?" I eventually ask and Peter turns. He realized the empty omen surrounding the house. How empty it is without Mittens.

"Occasionally. I needed to feed after my flight, I wanted it to be quick so I went there. I feed so I wouldn't come here and-" He stops when my lips part. I know what he was going to say. So he doesn't bite me or hurt me.

"I know what I did was stupid." I admit, thinking it was stupid of me to tell them I was looking for him. "What are they going to do?" I add and Peter shrugs.

"I can't really predict anything. Us vampires like the enjoyment of hunting down a human. But, I don't know if the court is going to get involved in they find out."

"What's the difference between me and the humans that know about you guys that work at the Den?" He shrugs, thinking about it.

"They work for us. The woman in there are like blood slaves. They are always there for the party, the booze, the sex, everything." He explains and I grin.

"So I'm basically screwed." I chuckle at the thought and he shakes his head.

"You saw the way they looked at me. They are afraid of me and they should be. I killed a dozen of vampires in Roman's Nest and I'm not afraid to do it again." I take a step closer, gazing into his eyes.

"They'll kill you though."

"As long as you are safe." I scoff at his comment and he stares at me with a straight face.

"Peter! You watched me and my boring human life for so long. Don't screw up yours because of this." I shake my head turning to walk away from him. All of a sudden he grabs my wrist and spins me around. I bump into his chest but that's not what caught my attention.

He brings his lips against mine, kissing me roughly. I kiss back, my body erupting with fire within. He holds onto my cheeks before running his hands down to my neck. We both pull away and I pant with shock. We look into each others eyes and I can't help but see a small smirk on his lips.

"My life isn't as important as yours to me." He whispers between us after placing his forehead against mine.

~.~

The week passed and Peter and I didn't talk about the kiss. It felt awkward at first but every time I looked at him or speak to him, I want to kiss him more.

"He what!" Both Karley and Brad said at the same time. During the day we went to the diner to eat lunch after class.

"Yeah, right there without asking or anything."

"He needs to understand what consent is." Brad says and Karley rolls her eyes.

"Shut up Mr. Chivalry-isn't-dead. It's romantic when a vampire kisses you." Karley replies in a seductive way. I think about it at first, rolling my fry in the ketchup.

"Wait," I start, staring at the siblings. "Did you have sex with Collin?" Brad's mouth drops and Karley squeals.

"It was amazing. He didn't bite me or anything but he was so romantic and did everything I wanted him to do."

"You got that vampire goof whipped." Brad confesses before turning to me and giving me a sexy eye look. "Come on Scarlet, let's start something."

"Brad, how many times am I going to have to tell you no."