Vampire Guardian: Chapter 28.

Chapter 28.

Fear Of The Water - SYML

Peter softly places Scarlet on the couch after she passed out. They made it out of the building before the police came in. Before driving off, Peter noticed Officer Holt as one of the officers. He clenches his jaw because of the mess in that building. The three bodies drained of blood. 

Scarlet is alive but her heart beat is faint. Peter is furious at Roman and the vampires. He's pissed because Scarlet was bitten. His blood boils and he turns to Collin. 

"Watch Scarlet, I know where Roman is."

"Peter you aren't going after him." Collin argues and Peter shakes his head. 

"Relax, I'm not going to kill him." Peter darts out the door and into his car. He knows Roman is at the Den. So he makes his way there. 

Once Peter arrives he cut to the bar and sees Roman sitting there. Peter asks the bartender for a glass of whiskey before proceeding his way to Roman. 

"You killed one of my men." Roman begins and Peter stands next to him, staring down at his figure.

"Stay the fuck away from Scarlet." Roman down his drink before slamming it back on the counter.

"Do you not see what I'm doing? I'm trying to help you but you're into this pathetic girl." Peter scoffs at his comment and takes a sip. "And look at the mess you brought yourself into. In a matter of time the court will be coming after you." 

"I don't care,"

"This isn't your first time there either. I'm sure Dean will be very happy to see you. Killing a vampire? Terrible shot, son." Roman states and Peter growls.

"Don't call me son." The bartender ignores their conversation and proceeds to pour more alcohol in Roman's glass. 

"Why don't understand that I want you in my Nest?"

"I'm not coming back so just like I said, stay away from Scarlet. She has nothing to do between us." Peter snaps and Roman starts to laugh. His rose lips pulled back so wide, his eyes are squinting. 

"I just made it worst. You basically dug up your own grave." Peter takes another sip, his eyes gazing at every move Roman makes. Roman stares ahead and shrugs. "Once you're gone, I might just make Scarlet-" 

Peter cuts him off by grabbing the collar of his shirt and tugging him off the stool. Roman's glass slides off the counter and shatters on the ground. Although the music is still playing they grabbed some vampires attention. Roman holds onto his laugh while Peter stares at him with gritted teeth. He feels his nails growing and his fangs coming out. 

"I will fucking rip your head off and hang it up as a souvenir." A security guard approaches them from behind and grabs Peter's arm. 

"I'm just here having fun." Roman slurs 'fun' and clicks his tongue at the end. Peter purses his lips before shoving him into the counter. Roman trips over the stool and it tips over. Peter yanks his arm away from the security guard and stares at him. 

"Roman, stop this." He adds and Roman gestures him a nod with his own glass. 

"I can't promise anything. You can't even kill me as your Maker." The security guard guides Peter out of the Den but Peter is still facing Roman. His blood is boiling and he wants to kill everybody in the Den. 

"I'll make sure you suffer." Roman is right though. It's hard to kill your Maker. You feel their pain, the connection that you no longer have. It was difficult for Peter to leave the Nest when he met Collin but soon he was able to live alone. It made him a savage with no soul. Although he doesn't believe in God anymore, he still believes in humanity.