Vampire Guardian: Chapter 26.

Chapter 26

Eyes on Fire - Blue Foundation

When Scarlet was on campus and Peter was home, he surpassed his desire to go in the pool. He walked out in the backyard where the sun was warm and shining down on him. He slowly strips down into his briefs, feeling the rays of the sun slowly drain him. The layer on his skin felt like it was melting and his vision was blurring.

Although he can burn after a long time, he knew he was going to be okay for a while. To end that pain he was feeling of the sun draining him, Peter dives in the pool, the small waves splashing against the walls. He swims deep but then swims up to the surface.

After reaching the surface he soon goes back down to the deep end. He swims and swims until hitting the bottom of the pool. He sits there crisscrossed with his eyes open and wide. His hair is floating up above him and he stares straight ahead. The chlorine doesn't affect him and he doesn't need to breathe for air.

It's nice to stay alone in your thoughts. Deep in the pool too because Peter loves the water. The sounds underwater are buzzed and engulfed in shallow sounds. Especially as a vampire when hearing is heightened. Everywhere Peter goes, he hears things as if he's right next to it. In the water, he is slowly forgetting everything around him.

~.~

I walk into my house and I call Peter's name but I encounter no one. Maybe he went out somewhere. I drop my backpack on to the ground and proceed my way to the kitchen. I take a glass out for water because it's so hot today. It's the first time it's been beautiful out.

When I drink water, I stare out of the window that's facing the backyard. I furrow my eyebrows when I see a pair of clothes next to the pool. I walk out of the sliding door and I approach the deep end of the pool. My heart racing a little when I see a figure under water but I realize it's Peter.

My assumption is that he senses me and swims up to the top. His hair falls down on his face but he pushes it aside. I try not to look desperate because he looks so hot right now. He's only in a pair of briefs and I try not to stare.

"Hey Scar, dare to come in?" He asks, swimming around. I stand by the edge, my arms crossed over my chest. Although it's tempting, I don't want to get wet.

"I'm not going to come in." He flicks some water into my feet before swimming towards me. My god he looks so beautiful.

"I'm sacrificing my vampire health for this weather and pool. All you can do is take a dip with me." He pleads with big puppy eyes.

"I'm not trying to get wet."

"Too bad." Peter chuckles.

"What does-" I'm cut mid sentence when Peter lifts himself off the water and stands on the ground. He wraps his wet arms around me and tips back. I can't push away and we both fall into the water.

Bubbles surround us and he's looking at me with his eyes wide open. We are both in the deep end and there's no noise, no surroundings. Only us.

I'm holding my breath, air escaping my nostrils. Peter isn't even holding his breath because he is dead. He doesn't have to. Just the thought of that made my heart heave in sadness. I need oxygen in my body in order to survive meanwhile he doesn't need to do anything but kill and consume human blood in his system.

I don't realize but I bring my hand to his face and I graze his cheek. Goosebumps run down my body because the water is cold. Peter runs his hand over mine and down to my forearm.

He looks so pure and naive. His hazel eyes are caramel and bright. He's so flawless and vintage. His features are old fashion no one has them anymore. Time runs out and I need air.