Vampire Guardian: Chapter 21.

Chapter 21

Yellow Box - The Neighbourhood

Peter told me I was safe inside my house since no other vampire was invited in aside from Collin. He said he had to step out for a bit and I let him be. I needed some time to myself either way.

I stare at myself in the mirror while braiding my hair. My thoughts are slowly collecting everything piece by piece. I turn when I hear my phone vibrating on my bed. Karley is FaceTiming me.

I sit on the edge of my bed and I pick it up. Once it connects, Karley and Brad come to view.

"Hey Scar." They both say at the same time. I smile, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Hey, how are you guys coping." Karley smiles and Brad shrugs.

"It's weird, I don't know honestly. Collin is very chill though. He stayed with us until we calmed down. He met my mom and she thought he was a boy I was talking to." Brad rolls his eyes when Karley finished talking and I laugh.

"That's good. Peter left me about two hours ago. I showered and now I'm just doing my thing. I don't know what Collin has told you guys but we have to be smart. They can be anywhere-"

"-I can't believe vampires are real." Karley cuts me off and I grin.

"It's unreal. Has your dad said anything about Courtney?" There's a long pause and Brad takes a deep breath.

"They're trying to find out who it is. Thinks it's connected with Dante's death." He speaks up and I nod.

"Crazy how they're never going to find out who it is. Basically all these unsolved murders are because of vampires." I reply and they both nod.

"And we know now."

"Exactly." I pause before talking again. I lean back against my pillow and bring my phone up so they can see me. "I'm sorry guys I put you in this shit. I feel like it's my fault."

"It's not Scar, don't blame yourself." Brad tells me with his soft voice. He's always caring towards me since he likes me a lot.

"It's kind of cool honestly. I can be around Collin too." Karley says and I snort, shaking my head.

"I can't with you." I chuckle and all three of us laugh.

"Hey you know my love for men. Plus he has that sexy accent, I can't resist." She admits and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Can't deny that honest-" I stop mid sentence when my bedroom light goes off. Everything goes silent because the AC turned off too. I see them through the brightness of my phone.

"Scarlet what was that?" Brad asks nervously and I stand from sitting on my bed. I walk towards my light switch and flick it up and down. Nothing, still darkness.

"I don't know, the power went out." I say and Karley starts to panic.

"Oh my god, Scar lock your bedroom door and call Peter. You don't know who's inside."

"Peter says I'm fine in my house, no vampires are invited inside besides Peter and Collin. Someone must've done it from outside."

"Don't go outside please!" Karley pleads and I sigh.

"I won't Karley." I walk into my living room and there's nothing but darkness. Suddenly, Karley is blurting things out to me but I can't hear her well. We're breaking up since my wifi isn't connected anymore. "I can't hear you- I'll text you." I say before hanging up with them.

Someone grazes my ankle and I jump in fright. My heart starts hammering and I look down. Mittens is staring at me, her eyes black in the dark. I swallow the lump that formed in my throat and I pick her up. I place her against my chest while walking through the kitchen.