Vampire Guardian: Chapter 31.

Chapter 31.

Heal - Tom Odell

The sun has set and Peter and I walked in town. I didn't ask where we were going however, we kept walking in silence. Eventually, we end up at a cemetery. Peter opens the gate and we walk through aisles of graves.

He stops and looks down, his hands in his pockets. He sighs and I bring my eyes at the two tombstones.

Delilah Jones Harris and Unborn Child

Timothy Peter Harris

"You don't know everything about me, Scarlet." Peter starts and I furrow my eyebrows. They have the same last name as him. "Delilah was my sweetheart but also my wife. Timothy, the child you saw in the photo was my son. They both were killed in 1950. I found them dismantled in our home when I returned from work."

My throat tightens and my eyes start to tear up. I try not to cry by biting the inside of my cheek.

"You were married?" My voice was low and he nods his head. He leans forward and wipes off the dirt on his son's tombstone.

"It was common to get married at a young age and have a family. I was an accountant at the local bank and I basically had everything in life." I point at Delilah's tombstone.

"What about the unborn child?"

"That was our second child. Delilah was pregnant but died in her womb." I start to cry because I can't hold it in anymore. Tears fall down my cheeks and I cover my mouth with my hand.

"I'm sorry, it's just-" Peter shushes me so stops talking. I try to be quiet so I don't grab attention.

"It's okay, Scarlet. I want you to know the truth. The truth about my life as a human." I rub my eyes after taking a few deep breaths.

"What happened to them?" I ask with a shaky voice. Peter doesn't respond soon but stare at their names.

"Roman kill them." I stop and I think about what he said. Roman killed his family but turned him? Why would he save Peter? I run my fingers over my shirt to dry them from my tears. "That's why I committed the crime. I wanted revenge, I was furious. I wanted to kill him but in the end I killed his Nest and he got away."

"God Peter. You lived in a nightmare."

"Nightmare is an understatement. More like Hell."

Mississippi 1950

Peter sat there, his hands fisting deeply into the fresh grounded dirt. His breathing slowed after weeping for hours. For those hours he sat in the cemetery, sitting in silence, crying in loss of his family.

It was dark out because the sun already fell and there was nothing for Peter. Bit by bit people left from the graveyard until he was all alone. The whole time he was around the crowd he held everything in but when his brother Tommy left, he broke down.

His wife and children were gone. In an blink of an eye they stood on the floor with blood pooling around their lifeless bodies. Peter never thought his life would come to this. His beautiful pregnant wife dead and his young son also killed by a murderer.

The burial made him feel empty and worn. Person by person, they showed empathy however, Peter gave no response. He was sadden and tired of everybody hugging him and giving their condolences. The whole night he hadn't slept and neither will he tonight.

Whenever he has his eyes closed he sees his wife in her sateen night dress kissing every curve on her body. However his fortunate son, Timothy, who lost his life at a young age. Peter remembers holding him when he was born, such a delicate small creature. He felt amazed at life and how humans are born.