Vampire Guardian: Chapter 35.

Chapter 35.

No Good - KALEO

Hour ago:

Once Peter dropped Brad off at his home, he made his way to Roman's Nest. He felt the pull between himself and Roman and ended up at a decent sized home in a dead end.

There was a For Sale sign up on the lawn however, the house seemed abandoned. Peter makes his way up to the driveway where there's weeds growing through the cracks.

He hears voices and low music playing through the opened windows. When he reaches the door, it's already unlocked.

Peter walks in and there's about nine vampires in the ruined living room. There's two couches, no television and dimly lit lamps. Peter's nose flares when he smells the stench of human blood in the air.

There's about five bodies, three on the floor drained of blood. The other two are smothered on the couch.

"Peter," A vampire purrs, making her way to him. "Coming to join?" She curls her fingers over the collar of his shirt. He grips her wrist and pushes her away.

"Where is the girl."

"Who?" Peter turns and Roman is behind him. There's blood trickling down the corner of his lips. He brings his thumb up and into his mouth, cleaning the remains. "What girl?"

Peter smells her, she must be here. He turns back to see the dead humans but none of them are her. The woman provokes him again by running her arms over his chest from behind.

He takes a step away, soon becoming cornered by them. Other vampires stand and circle around him. The woman clings onto Roman, giving him a sexual kiss on his neck.

"You know who I'm talking about." Peter starts and he clenches his fists at each side. "The human."

"Are you sure you're here for her?" He runs his arm down the woman. "Or you are here to come back?" Peter feels washed up with anger and a pulling connection. How much he did enjoy being in a Nest.

Feeding and killing like this. Preying on young girls and luring them to the Nest. Partying and getting them drunk before killing them. Peter gulps when he feels his fangs itch.

"The girl, Roman." Peter looks around, taking a step. A handful of them move back. Peter smiles a little because they're afraid of him.  "I smell her." He adds with suspicion in his voice.

Roman stares at him for a bit in silence. The music is playing in the back. The other vampires are staring Peter down with an intense look in their eyes.

"Follow me." Roman says, walking out of the living room. Peter follows but his eyes gaze around just in case. In another room there's two other vampires. Eleven.

They make it into the kitchen and a body is crouched up in the corner. When she looks over her shoulder, her body starts to tremble.

Peter tenses when he realizes that it is Karley. His eyes are glassy with fright, her legs are up to her chest. There's wet blood streaming down her arm.

"Peter?" Her voice croaks with a tremble. She tries to move but her wrists are tried with rope on the handle of the oven. She leans back on it, realizing there's no way out. "Help me," She begs, her eyes roaming around the room.

Peter darts his eyes to the side, seeing Roman stand right behind him. Before he can flinch forward to save her, a vampire grabs his shoulder.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." He whispers with a threatening voice. He hears Roman chuckle right after. Peter doesn't hesitate and grabs the man's arm, twisting it. Bones crack within and he yelps in pain.

Peter kicks the back of his knees, the vampire collapsing in front of him as he turns. The vampires snarl and hiss, exposing his fangs in danger.

He holds down the vampire, gripping him by the jaw. Before Peter can act in any way, the vampire opens his mouth and bites down on Peter's hand.

Peter growls with gritted teeth, feeling the vampire's fangs crushing his bones within. He pries away from his hold, flesh ripping apart. Karley squeals in fright, seeing blood ooze of Peter's hand.

He grabs the vampire by the neck, snapping it to the side with full force. The vampire goes unconscious before hitting the floor with a thud. Peter looks up to the group of vampires in front of him.

"I've done this before. I can do it again." He huffs out, looking at his injured hand that is now healing.

Roman's nostrils flare in anger, seeing one of his children unconscious in front of him by Peter.

"You can get her yourself tomorrow." Roman states and Peter looks up at him.

"Give me her now." He hears rustling behind and Karley is trying to tug on her tied hands.

"I know what you're capable of." Roman walks towards Karley and bends down to her height. Karley flinches when his cold hand brushes her arm. Roman looks up to Peter, his fangs glistening in the dark room.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her." Peter threatens, taking a step towards them both. "I will ruin your Nest again."

"That's why I'm saying to get her tomorrow."

"Where?"

"The Den. I thought Karley was very pretty for the auction."

"What fucking auction?" Roman slides his index finger along her blood, the vampires behind him hissing for a taste. He licks it away before grabbing a hold of her hair.

"Peter," Karley whimpers, her eyes flashing towards him. They're pleading for him, begging for him.

"Blood slaves. The Den decides whether they want them or give them off to others." Roman looks up to him and smiles. "Or you can stay with me."

Peter shakes his head in silence and Roman stands from kneeling down. Karley's eyes widen in shock and starts to cry again.

"Then you'll see her tomorrow." Roman pats his shoulder and Peter purses his lips into a thin line.

"I'll get you." Peter says to Karley as she starts to bawl. "Roman, don't you touch her." He turns his attention to Roman.

"Oh you're already late on that." Roman laughs, striding back to Karley's coward body. "You think I wouldn't lay a finger on her!" He yells, acting like a morbid psycho.

He picks Karley up to her feet, her body leaning
up against the stove. Her hands pulled down from being tied on the handle.

"Oh I tormented her." Roman's eyes are wide and crazy like. He pulls her hair to the side, exposing a bite mark on her delicate neck. Karley yells and sobs, her knees weak below her.

Peter grows impulsive and jumps towards him. He grabs him by the arms, tugging him off Karley. Her weak body falls back on the ground.

Peter growls, slamming him up against the cabinets. The cabinets crush behind him, wood splinters flying in the air. Roman brings his legs up and kicks him in the stomach. Peter stumbled back and is soon thrown into the sliding door. Glass shatters and Peter hits the ground.

Three vampires come rushing to him, pinning him down into his knees. His hair is pulled back, forced to look at Roman. Roman brushes his shirt off and takes a step to him.

"Leave or I'll do way worst things to her." He growls and Peter pulls his arm away from being gripped. He stands on his own feet, giving him a daring look.

Karley stays quiet, watching the intense scene surrounding her. Peter obeys and heads towards the door.

Without another word he gets back in his car before yelling in anger. He can't tell Scarlet he just saw Karley being held captive. She'll go nuts. He thinks of an alternative on the ride home.

He rinses his blood stained hand with water from the hoes out in front of Scarlet's house before entering.

~~~~~~

Peter lied! Liar liar!

Vote
Comment
Follow me ;)