Chapter One - Chance Encounter

Five Years Later

Julian King's POV

I rubbed my forehead in frustration as I listened to my mom and dad talk to me about the only subject that they seemed to talk to me about lately.

"Mom, dad, I don't want to get married. End of discussion."

"It's not end of discussion until I say so!" Dad said as he hit the table with his palms and stood up angrily. "You are not getting any younger, son." He told me a little softly this time.

Mom walked over to where I was sitting and sat beside me then put her arm around my shoulders. "We're not getting any younger either. I want to be able to see my grandchildren before I die." She told me with teary eyes.

I sighed and stood up then started to walk away when the voice of my dad stopped me.

"Is it because of that Rosie girl?" I stopped in my tracks, but didn't turn around. He had hit a nerve alright.
"You're waiting for something that won't happen. You have to move on!" I didn't reply and just kept walking out.

Resting my head on the steering wheel, all I could think about was Rosie. I couldn't believe how a woman that I had only met briefly could take over my mind. The memories of her face, her lips, and her eyes, everything about her haunted me. It had been five years since we last met, and I couldn't understand why I couldn't get her out of my head. As much as I tried to go out with other women to try and forget her, I couldn't. No woman could ever fascinate me like Rosie. A buzzing sound suddenly brought me back from my thoughts.

"Hello?"

"Julian, buddy, how are you?" my best friend Charlie asked me.

"Good."

"You don't sound good." He told me.

"Charlie, what do you want?" I snapped at him.

"Chill out! Some of the guys and I are going out to dinner. I just wanted to ask you if you'd like to join us."

"Sure, just tell me where." I agreed; knowing I had nothing better to do and I could also use the distraction.

#

Rosie William's POV

"How are you, baby?" I talked lowly into the phone.

"I'm okay, mom." Adam, my eight year old son, replied.

"Is that mom?" I heard my seven year old daughter, Lily Rose, ask. There was a bit of shuffling on the other side of the phone before I heard my daughter speak.

"Mommy, when are you coming home?" Her soft voice asked say.

"In a couple of hours, baby, is everything okay? Did you have your dinner?"

"Yes, grandma made us Mac and cheese." I could hear the smile in her voice.

"That's good, baby. Can you hand the phone to grandma?"

"Okay." She said softly before I heard shuffling once again.

"Rosie?" My mom asked over the phone.

"Yes, mom, is everything okay? Do you need anything?" I asked her.

"No, sweetheart, everything's okay here. Don't worry about anything."
I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "Okay, mom, my break's over. I should be home in a couple of hours." I informed her.

"Okay, sweetheart"

I hung up and put the phone in my pocket before walking out of the storage room. The restaurant was as busy as I left it before going to my break.