Chapter Twenty Five - Unexpected Encounter

"Charlie!" The kids yelled happily as they ran towards him and hugged his leg. He chuckled and bent down; pulling them into a hug. I smiled and looked up at Julian who had a forlorn look plastered on his face.

I walked over to him and whispered in his ear. "Why so glum?"

"See, even the kids like Charlie more than me." He looked like a young kid whose toy had been taken away from him.

I chuckled and placed my hand on his arm. "They like you both the same. They just haven't seen him in a while." Julian nodded firmly, but didn't say a thing.

"Hey, Rosie" Charlie greeted me cheerfully. "You look beautiful." He commented with a grin.

"Thank you." I giggled. Julian huffed loudly and stomped off to the kitchen.

Julian and Charlie had come to pick me and the kids up to take us to the park. I had prepared a basket full of sandwiches and a cooler full of drinks while Julian offered to bring all the other miscellaneous stuff. As soon as they arrived, the kids ran over to Charlie; not even greeting Julian. I could really understand why Julian felt that surge of jealousy, but in the kids' defense, they had been seeing Julian almost every day while Charlie on the other hand they haven't seen him in quite some time.

I gave Charlie an apologetic look and he smiled knowingly before I walked over to the kitchen. I found Julian sitting on a chair with his head in his hands. He must have heard my footsteps because he looked up at me with a poker face. I took a seat opposite of him and just looked at him for a moment before speaking. "I'd rather stay at home if you're going to be this moody all day." He didn't respond. I sighed before asking. "What's wrong, Julian?"

"What's wrong is the kids didn't even acknowledge my presence and my fiancée giggled like a giddy school girl when my best friend complimented her. In all the years I've known Charlie, I have never been jealous of him, but then again I've never had anyone that I love like I do with you and the kids." He shrugged.

I stood up and he watched me with hawk eyes as I walked closer to him and sat on his lap then wrapped my arms around his neck. His arms automatically found their way around my waist.

"The kids and I love you, Julian, but it's just that they haven't seen Charlie in a while."

"And what about you?" He asked. "What's your excuse?"

"Women love compliments, it doesn't mean that I'll jump at him if he says something nice." Julian nodded, but his expression was still gloomy. "Come on, cheer up, my love." I said as I dipped my head and placed a soft kiss on those rough lips of his.

"Daddy!" The kids came running towards Julian and me. I quickly stood up and the kids jumped at Julian; hugging him tightly. I watched as Julian's expression quickly changed to that of a happy man. I then looked at Charlie who had a smile on his face as he watched the kids and Julian interact.

I walked over to him and he looked at me; his smile not faltering. "Thank you." I whispered and he just nodded.

#

"Are you still mad?" I asked Julian as he loaded the basket and cooler in the trunk of his car.

"No." He replied in a clipped tone.

I bumped his shoulder with mine playfully. "I can't stand you being mad at me." I told him honestly. He closed the trunk and I suddenly felt myself being pushed against it and two hands on either side of my head. "I'm not mad at you, love." He whispered then captured my mouth with hungry urgency. I didn't hesitate as I parted my lips and he wasted no time as he plunged his tongue inside them. His tongue swept inside my mouth in a sweet invasion as his hands roamed all over my body; over my breasts, down my stomach, and around my butt. I knew that was something irresponsible of me to do since the kids and Charlie were inside the car, but whenever Julian's lips touched mine, I instantly forget everything and everyone and my mind goes blank.