Chapter Fifteen - Siblings Fight

"How are you feeling, baby?" I asked my daughter, Lily Rose, as she walked in to the kitchen.

Julian had left after I had called my manger, saying that he had to perform surgeries today. However, he asked me if he could pass by later that night to check up on Lily Rose, and I said yes.

"I'm okay." She told me.

"Do you feel like vomiting?" I asked her and she shook her head no. "Come and sit while I make you some toast with mashed bananas." She nodded and sat down at the kitchen table.

"Morning, mom" Adam greeted me as he walked in to the kitchen as I was preparing Lily Rose's breakfast.

"Morning, baby" I gave him a wide smile.

"Would you like some pancakes?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Why can he have pancakes and I can't?" Lily Rose asked me with a quivering lip.

I put everything down and walked over to her. I kneeled down in front of her and held her face in my hands. "You're still not feeling well, baby." I told her. "Do you want to start vomiting like yesterday?" I asked her and she shook her head no. "I promise you when you get better I'll make you your favorite; chocolate chip pancakes. What do you say?" She nodded as a small smile crept to her face. I kissed her on her cheek. "I love you, baby."

"I love you too, mommy." She mumbled.

"Me too" Adam piped up; feeling left out.

I chuckled and stood up straight then walked over to him. I placed a kiss on his cheek then said. "I love you too, baby."

#

"So he stayed the night?" My mom asked me as he she sat at the kitchen table holding her cup of coffee while I stood by the stove cooking up lunch for the kids.

"Yes, but he slept on the couch." I cleared up.

She nodded. "Do you like him?" She suddenly asked.

"Of course I like him."I told her honestly as I stirred the sauce inside the pot. "He's nothing but nice to me and the kids."

"You know what I mean, darling." She chided.

I stopped stirring and looked up at my mom who had a brow raised. "I don't know." I told her honestly.

"How do you feel when you're with him?"

"I feel safe, and loved, and wanted...." I suddenly trailed off. "Oh my god, I like him." I said as I looked at my mom with wide eyes. My mom just looked at me with a smile on her face and nodded. I walked over to her and sat down on the chair beside her. "Why do I feel wrong about liking him? I shouldn't like him. I'm betraying Nicholas this way."

Mom held my hands in hers. "Sweetheart, Nicholas was a wonderful man to you and to the kids. I know how much you loved each other, but he's gone now and you shouldn't put your life on hold." I was about to say something when she stopped me. "You're not betraying him. Julian would have wanted you and the kids to be happy. It doesn't mean you have to forget him. He'll always be a part of you no matter what."

I stared at my mom silently for a moment; thinking about what she had just told me. "So it's alright if I said that I like Julian?" I asked her and she nodded. I smiled at my mom then stood up and walked back to the stove and started stirring again.

"I have to go now, sweetheart." My mom said as she stood up. I nodded and gave her a smile before she walked out.

"Lunch is ready, babies." I yelled out as I finished cooking.

I chuckled as I saw the kids in front of me in no time. My phone pinged as we were eating. I picked up my phone from beside me on the table and noticed that I had a new message from Julian. I had a smile on my face as I read it.