Chapter Five - Amusement Park and Late Night talk

"Mommy, can I have cotton candy?" Lily Rose asked me as we walked around the amusement park.

"Of course, baby." I kissed her cheek then we all walked towards the cotton candy stand. "Adam, do you want one too?" I asked my son.

He shook his head with a disgusted look on his face. "No, it's pink."

Julian and I looked at each other and chuckled. Julian then bent down so he was face to face with Adam. "How about a hot dog?" He asked him. "It's manly enough."

"Yeah, I'd like that." Adam smiled and nodded.

I was about to pay the guy at the cotton candy stand so that we could all go to the hot dog stand when Julian stopped me. "You don't touch your wallet when you're out with me." He didn't even give me a chance to reply before he paid the guy and we started walking towards the hot dog stand.

"Rosie, are you hungry?" Julian asked me.

I shook my head. "No, thank you." He nodded then bought a hot dog for Adam. We then sat at a small bench as the kids ate their food.

I looked up at Julian and saw that he was already looking at me. "Julian, please don't get me wrong, but I didn't tell you to come along so that you can pay for us. I don't feel comfortable with you paying for me and my kids."

He stared at me for a moment before he answered. "I know, but I want to pay. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable, but it's in my nature not to let the woman pay." He said.

"Mommy, do you want cotton candy?" My daughter offered as she practically shoved it in my face. I chuckled and took a small bite out of the cotton candy. I could feel eyes on me so I looked up and saw Julian watching me with a small smile on his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" My smile matching his.

He shook his head and blinked twice as if coming out from some sort of trance.

"Nothing, you're just really beautiful." The compliment came out so easily out of his mouth; so sincere.

My cheeks suddenly burned up and I quickly turned my face away. "What do you want to go on next, babies?" I quickly changed the subject.

"Bumper cars!" Both of my kids said simultaneously.

"Bumper cars it is then." I told them with a grin.

#

Several games later, the sun was starting to go down and I was starting to get tired.

"Mom, I'm hungry." Adam whined.

"There's a pizza place beside the amusement park." Julian piped up. "If you want we can have dinner before I drop you off."

I looked at my kids who bobbed their heads up and down approvingly. "Please, mom. Please."

Okay." I conceded.

About fifteen minutes later, we were seated at a small table at the pizza place and had already placed our orders.

"Did you have fun?" I asked the kids as soon as the waitress left.

"Yes, mommy, I had so much fun!" Lily Rose gushed.

"Me too!" Adam piped up.

"That's good." I told them with a smile.
Seeing them happy made me happy.

Soon after, our orders arrived. I had a smile on my face as I watched my kids eat heartily as if it were their first meal in days. I guess they were all out of energy and needed to refuel.