Chapter Nine - Apology and a Phone Call

"Good morning, mommy." Lily Rose greeted me the next morning as she sleepily walked in the kitchen.

I was standing by the stove cooking breakfast before I went to work.

"Morning, baby" I kissed her cheek. "Sit down; I'm making you some pancakes." I told her.

She gave me a wide smile and sat down. I walked to the fridge and brought out a bottle of milk then walked to the cupboard and grabbed two glasses. I poured the milk into the glasses and handed one to Lily Rose. "

"Did your brother wake up?" I asked her.

"I'm here." Adam announced with a yawn as he appeared at the kitchen doorway.

I gave my son a smile. "Come and sit, baby." He ran towards me and sat down. I handed him the cup of milk then walked back to the stove and finished making the pancakes. I stacked three plates of pancakes then walked back to the table and sat with my kids and started eating. The school bus had arrived just as we finished eating. I walked them out and watched as the school bus drove away before I left to work.

#

"Hey, pumpkin" Leo greeted me as I walked inside the restaurant's kitchen.

"Hey, Leo" I gave him a smile as I tied the apron around my waist.

"How was your day off yesterday?" He asked me.

"It was fun." I told him.

"Good." He gave me a sincere smile. "Now get ready for a busy day." I nodded.

The day went by very quickly and before I knew it was time to go home. I grabbed my purse and was about to walk out when I heard Estelle calling my name. I turned around and looked at her.

"Here" She said as she discreetly pushed some money inside my pocket. "Those are the tips for tonight." She told me with a wink then walked away.

We usually split the tips between us each night since they were what I depended on and not my paycheck that could barely pay my rent.

I walked out of the restaurant and into the cool night. I made my way towards the bus stop and sat down at the bench as I waited for the bus to arrive. Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that I had a new message. It was from an unknown number.

Turn around It read.

My brows furrowed together and my heart started beating as I turned around to see who had sent me that message. I instantly relaxed once I saw Julian standing at a near distance. He started walking towards me as I placed my phone back inside my pocket and stood up.

"Hey." He greeted me once he approached me.

"Hey." I replied back.

"What are you doing here?" he asked me.

"Waiting for the bus" I told him in a duh tone.

"I know." He said. "I mean what are you doing here when the taxi driver" He pointed to himself "Is here." I laughed. "Come on, let me take you home."

"No, it's okay." I declined his offer. "I'll just wait for the bus."

"No, Rosie, please I insist." He said as he softly grabbed my hand and started walking me towards his car; not giving me the chance to say no.

"How did you get my number?" I asked him as he drove me home.

He looked at me sheepishly before replying. "I called my number from your phone yesterday when you weren't looking." I stared at him; not appreciating what he had done. "I'm sorry, I really am. It was a spur of the moment thing." I nodded and looked away. "You're not mad at me, are you?" I didn't reply. Just then the car came to a halt outside my house.