Chapter Eight - Breakfast, Zoo, and Dinner

"Stop changing the station."

"No you stop changing the station."

"I'm not even changing the station." Julian retorted.

Charlie stared angrily at Julian for a full minute before changing the station again.

"Will the both of you just stop bickering already?" I finally piped up.

We were on our way to breakfast just like Julian had promised. I was sitting in the backseat with the kids while Charlie sat in the passenger's seat just like we had agreed on, and I wish I didn't agree to that. Ever since we left the house, Julian and Charlie had been bickering about everything. Now, they were bickering about Charlie changing the station every minute. Who knows what they'll argue about next.

"I'm sorry." Julian apologized. "But, it's really annoying. Can't he just settle on one radio station already?" He asked as he eyed Charlie.

"Well I can't find anything good to settle on." Charlie retorted.

"Just settle on anything Charlie, seriously Julian has a point."

"Fine" Charlie replied with a pout and the kids giggled. He turned around and looked at them. "You think this is funny?" He asked them and both of my kids nodded. "See? You made the kids laugh at me." He told Julian as he crossed his arms and huffed.

I shook my head at the scene in front of me. "I don't even know how you two are friends." I told them honestly with a small smile.

#

"What would you like to eat, tough guy?" Julian asked Adam as we all sat at a table in a small stylish looking diner. The waitress was standing by our table with her pen and notepad in hand, ready to write down our orders.

"Chocolate chip pancakes." He told him.

Julian nodded and turned his attention to Lily Rose. "What about you, princess?"

"I want chocolate chip pancakes too." She told him with an eager smile.

"Rosie?" He looked at me with a smile.

"Cheese omelet and Lipton tea, please"

"The same for me" Julian told the waitress.

"I want three eggs over easy with plenty of pepper and Tabasco sauce, extra crispy bacon, sausage links, home fries, rye toast, fruit, and coffee with cream and sugar." Charlie said and the waitress nodded then walked away.

I looked at Charlie with my mouth slightly open amazed at how much he could eat.

"What?" He shrugged. "I like to eat." He said unashamedly, earning a chuckle from me.

It wasn't long before the food arrived. My kids couldn't help but express how good the food was and so did Charlie. He ate like he hadn't eaten in days. It was a funny sight to see.

"That was good!" Charlie said once he finished eating.

"Yes, I bet." I told him with a teasing smile. He looked at me with a shy smile and shrugged.

"Did you like the food?" Julian asked me and the kids.

The kids were fast to reply. "It was so good!" Lily Rose gushed.

"Better than mine?" I asked her feigning hurt.

She laughed. "Of course not, mommy"

"Yours is so much better." Adam said, probably just to gain a few brownie points, but I gave them a wide smile nonetheless.

Julian ordered the bill. I offered to pay, but he wouldn't accept. "I invited you." He said. He paid the bill and then left the diner.

"Where are we going now?" Adam asked as we walked out of the diner.