Chapter Twenty Four - Girl Power and Jealousy

This is a very soft pillow I thought to myself the next morning as I sighed in happiness and patted the pillow, but then it chuckled. My pillow chuckled? I stood up quickly from my sleeping position then lost my balance and fell down on the ground.

"Ouch!" I muttered as I rubbed my head. I could hear someone laughing and looked up to see Julian laughing uncontrollably.

"It's not funny." I grumbled, but didn't make a move to stand up.

"It is funny." He argued. "Did you see how you fell down?" He started laughing again and I pouted then looked around and noticed that I wasn't in the bedroom, but rather in the living room. "We fell asleep here last night." Julian answered my unasked question.

I nodded and started to stand up when Julian stopped me. "Let me help you."

"Thanks, but no thanks." I refused sternly.

"Are you mad at me because I laughed at you?" He asked me as he stood up as well. I didn't respond and kept walking to my bedroom with him hot on my feels. "Don't be like that, Rosie."

Suddenly I felt myself being softly pushed against the cupboard and Julian's hands were on both sides of my head. "I'm sorry." He whispered and I laughed. "Why are you laughing?"

"Because I wasn't even mad at you to begin with" I looked at his dumbfounded expression and chuckled before pushing him out of my way, and walking in to the bathroom.

#

"Stop, please stop." I ran to the kitchen as I heard Lily Rose screaming, but heaved a sigh of relief when I saw that Julian and Adam were both tickling my baby girl. "Mommy, help me." She said between laughs.

"Leave her alone, you two." I walked towards them and held my daughter in my hands.

"You're no fun." Julian said and Adam pouted.

"Never was." I said as I watched Lily Rose stick out her tongue at them making me laugh. "Never mess with girls. Right, baby?" Lily Rose nodded her head vigorously with a smug smile on her face. Julian and Adam both sat on the kitchen table with a solemn look on their faces.

"Scrambled eggs?" I asked the kids and Julian as I walked towards the fridge and they all nodded.

I prepared scrambled eggs with toast then joined them on the kitchen table as we all ate breakfast. The kids then went to school; leaving me and Julian alone.

I felt my hair being pulled back from the nape of my neck and a kiss being placed there as I stood at the kitchen sink washing the dirty dishes. I giggled since that was a ticklish spot for me.

"Julian." I practically whined. "Don't you have work or something?"

"Not yet." He said as he placed another kiss making me giggle again.

I dried my hands on the dishcloth and turned around to face him. "Well, I do. So I'll be leaving now." I held his face in my hands and placed a kiss on his lips. "Lock up when you leave." I told him as I held my bag that was on the counter and made my way out. I was by no means worried about leaving him in the house alone. He was going to be my husband for god's sake.

I greeted Donovan good morning before getting into the car. He drove me to work while I sat in the backseat and just looked out the window. The car stopped outside the restaurant and I stepped out to start another busy day.

"Ugh!" I groaned as I stood against the kitchen's counter and put my face in my hands.

"Everything okay, pumpkin?" I heard Leo asking me. I released my fingers from my face and noticed that he was dicing up tomatoes. "People are being extremely annoying today."