Chapter Six - Lunch With the Guys

"Mr. handsome is asking for you." Estelle told me as she stood by me with a tray of empty plates in her hands. "He's sitting at table five."

"Who?" Confusion laced my tone.

"You know, Mr. sexy with blue eyes." Estelle apparently noticed the still confused look on my face so she explained further. "He came to see you last time?" She said more of a question that a statement.

It ticked in mind. "Julian." I said loudly.

"Julian." Estelle seemed to be testing the name out. "I like it." She told me with a nod of her head."Now go and see your man." She teased.

"He's not..." I said, but she had already walked away before I could continue. "Not my man." I whispered to myself as I walked towards table five.

I noticed that Julian was sitting with another man as I approached the table.
A smile appeared on Julian's face once he saw me approach the table.

"Hey." He greeted me with a smile.

"Hi." I greeted him shyly as I grabbed my pen and notepad from my apron pocket. "Are you ready to order?" I asked them.

"Actually I want you to join us." Julian told me.

"Um... I can't. I still have work." I told him.

"I can, but..." I trailed off as I looked behind me then looked back at them before continuing. "It's against the restaurant's policy to sit with customers."

"We can go somewhere else." He offered.

"Um... I really can't." I told him; trying to get out of the situation.

"I won't take no for an answer." He told me as he stood up. "We'll wait for you outside." I felt like I was always out of choices with Julian and this was no exception. Julian didn't even give me a chance to argue as he walked out with the other man on his heels.

I walked back to the kitchen and let Leo know that I would be taking my break. I then grabbed my bag from where I had left it in the morning when I arrived and was about to walk out when Estelle caught me.

"Going out with Mr. handsome?' She told me with a sly smile.

"Yes." I said with a smile of my own.

"Well, have fun sweetie." She told me.
I nodded with a smile on my face as well then walked out.

I spotted Julian standing beside his car with the man that was with him earlier. I walked towards them; feeling anxious for some reason.

Julian gave me a wide smile as he saw me. "I didn't introduce you earlier." He said. "This is my friend Charlie."

I looked at Charlie and gave him a small smile. "Hi."

"So you're the famous Rosie. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." He said as Julian's eyes went wide and he nudged him in the ribs.

"Ouch." Charlie gave Julian an evil look while Julian just gave him a sweet smile.

"So, where would you like to go for lunch?" Julian asked me.

I shrugged. "Anywhere is fine, but not somewhere far from here because I only have an hour break."

"I know just the place." Julian said with a smile then opened the car door for me to get in while Charlie kept rubbing where Julian had hit him.

#

"How are the kids?" Julian asked once we sat down at our table.

He had taken us to a small Chinese restaurant that wasn't too far from where I worked. There weren't a lot of people around since it was still a bit early.