Chapter Thirteen - Frozen Food and Kisses

Julian looked at me for a moment before his gaze shifted back to Lily Rose. He walked towards us and squatted down so he was face to face with My daughter.

"What are you feeling, princess?" He asked Lily Rose softly.

"My tummy hurts." She told him.

"Where exactly does it hurt?" He asked her again.

"Here" She said as she placed her hand on her lower abdomen.

"What did you eat today?" He asked her.

"I ate the egg sandwich mom made me." She said.

Julian nodded and gave her a small smile. "You'll be alright, princess." He told her as he smoothed her hair then stood up straight and motioned for me to go outside with him.

I stood up and followed him out; leaving my mom and kids in the bathroom. "Is she okay? What's wrong with her?" I asked him worriedly.

"She's fine, Rosie. She just has food poisoning." He said coolly.

"Food poisoning?" I asked him with wide eyes. "Should I take her to the ER?"

He shook his head no. "Let her drink a lot of water and let her eat small meals throughout the day instead of three big meals; salty foods such as pretzel is good as well."

"So, she's okay?" I asked him wanting to be reassured once more.

He nodded. "She will be."

"Oh, thank god." I sighed in relief then did something that surprised me; I hugged him tight and sobbed against his chest. He must have thought that I'm some crappy mom. I could feel Julian hesitate at first, but then he wrapped his arms around me. I relished in his hug for a moment before pulling back. "I'm sorry I ruined your shirt."

He chuckled. "They're just tears. It will dry."

I nodded and walked back inside the bathroom with Julian on my heels. I saw my mom holding Lily Rose, who was thankfully, not throwing up anymore and Adam, who was looking at his sister sadly.

I turned to Julian and saw him looking at me with loving eyes. "Julian, do you mind waiting with Adam in the living room while give I my daughter a bath?" I asked him in a low voice.

He shook his head. "Of course, not" He then turned to Adam with a big smile on his face. "Come on, tough guy. Let's wait for them outside." Adam nodded then walked with Julian out towards the living room.

I turned to look at my mom. "Mom, you can go home if you want to." I told her softly.

"Are you sure?" She asked me.

"Yes, mom, I'll be okay. Julian said that it is food poisoning and she should be okay."

Mom nodded and kissed my forehead. "If you need anything, call me. Okay?"

I nodded. "Okay." I said in a voice above a whisper.

Mom started to walk out of the bathroom when she stopped midway as if remembering something. She turned sideways and looked at me. "Julian still looks as wonderful as he was five years ago."

"He is." I agreed with a smile. What he did should be proof enough that he cared about me and the kids.

"Come on, baby, let's get you cleaned up." I told my daughter once my mom walked out of the bathroom.

Lily Rose stood under the shower as lukewarm water poured over her body. She washed her body while I washed her hair. She usually took her showers alone while I stayed nearby if she needed anything, but I knew that she was very tired and wouldn't be able to take a shower alone. I wrapped her in a white fluffy towel once she finished her shower.
"Do you feel better, baby?" She nodded meekly. I kissed her cheeks and walked her to her room. "Let's get you dressed."I told her as I opened her dresser and brought out her favorite Hello Kitty pajamas. I helped her with putting them on. She surprised me by giving me a kiss on my cheek.