Chapter Twenty Seven - Meeting with Handsome Man Number Two

It had been about a week since I last talked to Julian or saw him. Donovan was still driving me to and from work though, and I really didn't know why Julian had still not released him from his duties. I mean I wasn't his fiancée anymore or was I? I looked down at the ring on my finger; proof that Julian was real; that the pain I was feeling was real. I sighed and stood up from the bed and dragged my feet to the bathroom. It was time to start another day.

"Mommy, where is daddy?" Lily rose asked me as we sat at the breakfast table eating the waffles I had prepared.

"He's right here." I placed my hand on my heart just like I had done a lot of times before.

"No, silly, Julian" She said with a giggle.

My body froze in place. I still hadn't told the kids about my breakup with Julian and how he will no longer be a part of their lives; our lives. They asked me about him all the time, but I always made something up like he was busy at work or he's out of town. I couldn't break their heart. I knew the truth would eventually come out, but until then I thought I'd wing it for as long as I could. "He travelled, baby."

"Will he bring me a gift with him?" She asked with a bright smile.

I hesitantly nodded. "Yes, of course, baby." I gave her a small smile. I felt so bad lying to my kid.

"What about me?" Adam asked.

I chuckled. "You too, baby."

Oh god I'm making matters even worse. The kids are going to be heartbroken when I tell them. I internally sighed and stood up from my seat and placed my empty plate in the sink.

#

I was standing at the back of the restaurant eating my lunch when I saw the back door opening and Estelle walking purposefully towards me. She approached me with a bright smile on her face.

"Where do you get them from?' She asked me and I looked at her with confusion written all over my face. "There's a handsome man inside the restaurant asking for you." She told me with a huge smile. She saw the smile that was making its way to my face and said. "It's not Julian, sweetie." Her tone was sympathetic.

"Oh." I said in a low voice full of disappointment.

"Come on, sweetie, cheer up. He'll come back to his senses soon. In the meantime go and see what handsome man number two wants." This girl could make me laugh even if I didn't feel like it. "I wish I could have someone like that." She said dreamily and sighed.

I chuckled and threw the half eaten sandwich in the then started walking back in to the restaurant when I remembered that she hadn't told me what table. I turned around and started to ask. "What..." but she knew what I wanted to ask before I could even finish my sentence and said.

"Table ten." I nodded thankfully and walked in.

I grabbed my notepad and pen from my apron pocket and made my way to table ten. I noticed a familiar face as I approached the table and a smile quickly made its way to my face.

"Charlie." I greeted with a smile. "How are you?"

"Rosie." He gave me a wide, bright smile then stood up to hug me when I stopped him.

"Don't." I said. "The restaurant's manager is looking." I said as I nodded sideways. He cleared his throat, nodded, and straightened his clothes. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Are you free right now? I need to talk to you."

"Is something wrong?" I asked him worriedly as my mind quickly went to Julian. Did something happen to him? Was he okay?