Prologue

"Lily.... Lily if you don't wake up now we're going to be late!" I heard a voice coming with two hands that were shaking me awake.

"seriously though Lil's" a second voice chimed in "we do need to get going soon. Mum is already freaking out" the voice was coming from farther away but they were both recognizable.

Reluctantly, I opened my eyes to see a fully dressed Albus shaking me awake. "Alright, alright! I'm up." I said wiggling out of his arms to let me out of bed.

James smiled "You're going to have a great time Lil's; I'm even saving you a seat at the Gryffindor table next to me and Fred." He said a cocky smile replacing his sincere one.

Albus turned around to James who was still in his pajamas "You know, she might not be sorted into Gryffindor, James. I mean, she is much to tricky for her own good" Albus said, straightening his gray and green stripped sweater.

I got up and pulled on my Weasley jumper over a light blue shirt followed closely by a pair of jeans. "You know, she is right here." I said scoffing already nervous about upsetting one brother by my potential sorting. "And she would prefer it if you two could keep the sorting talk to a minimum until it has actually happened." I said flipping my head over and pulling my tangled red locks into a ponytail,

James sighed and got up from his leaning position on the wall "You know we will be proud and support you no matter where you're sorted Lil's, You could be a bloody Hufflepuf-"

"Don't finish that sentence, James Sirius Potter." I said as Albus chuckled from the other side of the room and James held up his hands in surrender before stepping over to me and ruffling my hair.

"I'm just saying Lil's, we will both be proud of you no matter where you are sorted, right Al?" James said sitting down next to his younger brother on my bed.

Albus offered me a smile and nodded "Absolutely." He said before elbowing James in the ribs "Alright now everyone but you are dressed, you have no excuse." Al said and James got up.

"Alright but for the record, Lily was the last one up." He said before turning and leaving the room.

I took James place next to Albus on my bed and pulled out the ponytail from my hair and began brushing it through to fix the mess James created. I loved both of my brothers, but in different ways. I admired and went to James for comfort when I was scared and needed someone protective and brave. My relationship with Al was something that I didn't completely understand, I went to him for advice and guidance, not affection. I looked at my brother, Albus, and asked him something that I wouldn't ever ask James.

"What do I do? James would be heartbroken if I'm not in Gryffindor and I don't want to do that to him." I said as I started braiding my hair.

Albus turned himself to look at me and frowned "Lily, you and I are very different, see I was worried about myself before I was sorted, worried about me being cast out by Dad and James, that's where we are different. See Lily, you aren't worried about yourself, but instead of hurting others," Al paused and looked down "Now I can't promise that you wont be sorted as Slytherin, but I can tell you that if your brave enough to ask, you will have a pretty good shot." Albus finished and stared at me.

"Thank you, Albus." I said and smiled slightly "Do you... Do you think, that Mum or Dad would be disappointed if i wasn't sorted into either house?" I asked hesitantly, because Rose had told me over the summer i would make a great Ravenclaw.

Albus shook his head "Mum and Dad will be proud where ever you are sorted, James will come around, he did for me." Albus said, a reassuring smile resting on his lips.

I smiled feeling a bit more confident now that I had talked to Al. I got up and puled on my socks and shoes just before a fully dressed James came bounding through the door.

"Mum has gone mental, we've got to go!" he said and grabbed my trunk from the floor "Al, our trunks are already in the car, lets get a move on." he said walking down stairs and to the car.

Al left after James and I looked around my room, taking in my familiar surroundings and saying goodbye. I picked up my cat, Lupus, and walked out and down to the car. I was ready for my first year at Hogwarts.