Chapter 7: The Ministry Ball

Guys, this chapter is super long but I absolutely loved writing it, you'll see why ;) Above is a phot of Lily's dress for the Ministry Christmas Eve Ball.

I stood next to my bed in the dormitory and double checked to make sure I had everything I needed during Christmas Holiday. I was incredibly excited because it was three straight weeks of no uniforms, no private lessons with Slughorn, and absolutely no transfiguration. I absolutely adored Professor McGonagall, but I dreaded transfiguration. It was as if I had been born with a natural talent of the inability to successfully transfigure anything.

I checked to make sure I had all my toiletries and clothing stowed away in my trunk and not loose under my bed. I bent down on my hands and knees to look under my bed and found an old grey sweatshirt that had a large printed picture of the Chudley Cannon's logo. I picked it up and read the tag, it was a size large and much too big for my frail figure, I held it too my body and the image of Scorpius wearing it one weekend flooded my thoughts. I brought the sweatshirt to my nose and inhaled the sharp scent of his spearmint breath mints, a subtle scent of licorice and something more vintage, like the scent when you open an old, well-loved book. I smiled as the image of Scorpius in my mind became sharper and more detailed, every inch of his defined jaw line and cheekbones becoming more precise. His eyes became a more vibrant blue than the blur they were before and I even noticed the small freckle above his left eyebrow.

I head Roxy clear her throat from the bed beside mine, "What are you doing?"

I quickly pulled the sweatshirt away from my face, "Nothing."

Roxy laughed and rolled her eyes, "Oh, sure... But I would learn how to disguise daydreams better if I were you or professor Flitwick will have your head!"

"I wasn't daydreaming," I said as a bright pink color appeared on my cheeks.

"Bullocks!" Roxy said as she started laughing, my complexion gaining a deeper shade of red, "Lily, I'm your best friend, I know when you have feelings for someone and you absolutely have them for a certain Malfoy heir."

I couldn't deny it, "Oh, shut up." I said as my thumbs grazed the screen-printed logo of the sweatshirt.

Roxy smiled, "Well go give it back to him you weirdo."

I smiled back, my cheeks practically flaming and turned to go give it back to him.

I walked down the girls' dormitory corridor and down to the boys', Scorpius's room was the third one on the right and I kept repeating the fact that Roxy was crazy in my head.

I approached the large, chestnut stained door and knocked three times. Scorpius answered and appeared to be alone. I smiled as he opened the door and stepped aside to let me in. My fingers traced the logo of the folded sweatshirt as I held it out.

"This is yours," I said as he took the sweatshirt form me.

I watched as he looked at the old sweatshirt with the sickening orange logo and smiled, chuckling a bit, "Keep it," He said giving it back to me as he walked over to his trunk and closed it, "It looks better on you then it ever did on me anyways."

I laughed, "Oh yes, because red hair and vibrant orange definitely don't clash."

He smiled and pulled the sweatshirt over my head, my hair sticking up in different directions, "It doesn't go any better with blonde, now does it?"

I giggled as I pulled the sweatshirt on the rest of the way, "No, I suppose not."

Scorpius smiled at me, "My invitation to the Burrow for Christmas morning still stands, right?"