Chapter 12: Hogshead

It was dark. It was cold. I was running through a dark hallway, every time I passed a different corridor I could hear screams, grunt, or cries of help. I passed one door, it was Albus. I could hear him screaming my name, crying for help. His cries echoed through the silent hall, his voice wasn't his usual one. Every time he called for me to help, his voice wobbled. Albus wasn't a Gryffindor, but he was just as brave as the bravest. I have never heard or seen him cry, I have never heard his scream or yell, hell, I'd never even seen him express any fear.

I pulled on the handle of the door but it was locked. I wiggled and wiggled the knob and pulled on the door. I tried to calm Albus down, tried to tell him I was there and would help him soon but I couldn't for the words. I felt hot tears streaming down my cheeks as the blurred my vision. My brother's cries were muffled by the sound of footsteps bouncing off of the walls and straight into my ears. I turned around begging it to be my father to help me help Albus.

I was greeted by a tall figure dressed in black robes, their hood pulled over their face. The tall figure's face was covered by a mask leaving their mouth exposed. I saw their lips slip into a smirk and laugh as they drew their wand from a pocket inside their robe. I grabbed at the waist band of my jeans to get my wand but it wasn't there. I started to panic as I gripped all around my waist band. My breath hitched in the back of my throat as they pulled their wand back.

I couldn't move quick enough or figure out a plan before the death eater finally said "Crucio." It felt as if hot knives were cutting through every part of my body, like someone was pulling me one way and someone else pulling me another until I finally ripped in half. I was screaming louder than I ever had in my life, screaming for the pain to stop.

I woke up and jolted up right into a sitting position breathing heavily. I looked around to see other beds lining the sides of the room with small curtain dividers in-between each of them. I looked down at my left hand to see someone holding it. Scorpius's blonde hair was swept over his eyes as his free arm buried his face against the edge of the bed. Small snores escaped every few seconds as his shoulders would tense and untense. I shook any thought of the dream from my mind as I sat there starring at how perfect he was. He wasn't one to brag or boast about his looks but he knew just as well as anybody else just how attractive he was.

It seemed as if every time Scorpius would smile, his gorgeous features were just enhanced. Or every time he would start talking about how interesting he found all of my muggle things like 'manual' snow globes or how curious cellular phones were he would ramble and get all excited. Or how when he would help me with transfiguration he would talk of how interesting he found it that "You could turn practically anything into anything!" When he got to rambling on about his interests there was nothing that could stop him besides someone that wasn't interested. I hated how he would look away when he realized what he was doing because someone must had told him to shut up once and I despised that.

Scorpius started to stir as I brushed his hair back with my hand he wasn't holding. He lifted his head slowly from the crook of his elbow and opened his eyes slowly. I saw his eyes widen when he saw me and he sat up straight away in the chair that was pulled next to the bed. "Lily?" he asked as if he had never seen me before.

I laughed, "That would be me," I said confused as why he was looking at me so strangely.

"Are- are you alright? Are you in any pain?" He asked.

I schrunched up my nose feeling confused as pain shot through my whole face. I covered my nose with my hands and blinked away tears, "I wasn't before but now I am," I said muffled by my hands blocking my mouth.

Scorpius frowned, "I'm sorry," he said looking around.

"No, it's fine, but why am I in the hospital wing in the first place Scor?" I asked looking around.