Chapter 11: Quidditch

"Your move Potter," Hugo said sitting across from me on the floor of my Muggle Studies classroom. In our fourth year, Muggle Studies students basically learned about Muggle entertainment which included Muggle Rummy. Wizard games were much more magically intense than Muggle games, but Muggle rummy was much more competitive in my small circle of friends. Our Professor Mrs. Patrick said we would have to write a compare contrast essay on the two game style and that we all needed to be able to beat her in the game, since you couldn't use magic cards, it was much more difficult.

"Hugo, I can only discard if I don't want to pick up the whole pile for one bloody six," I said pleading for him to help me with my play. Hugo shifted on his knee to look at my hand and stifled a laugh, it was a horrid assortment of cards with only two cards that matched.

"Discard you Ace since we're playing on Ace high," he said. Hugo was fantastic at Muggle rummy or anything Muggle for that matter. He definitely inherited his interest in Muggle Studies from our Grandfather.

I did as Hugo said and heard Roxy sigh from beside me, it was now her turn. "I don't see why we have to be able to beat Professor Patrick." Roxy drew a new card and immediately grunted, "I can't do anything with a bloody six!"

"Give it to me," I said and looked at her cards handing her my eight and taking her 6, we both benefited from the trade and heard Alice Longbottom sigh from her spot beside Hugo.

"It's against the rules to trade cards unless you discard them properly," she said. Alice had always been a stickler about rules.

"Yeah, but we're just going to skip that part," Roxy said leaning back against the leg of the table.

Alice laughed and rolled her eyes, "Fine, but just this once."

It was Hugo's turn now and he placed his meld on the table winning the whole thing. I rolled my eyes along with the others, "Thank god that Quidditch isn't this hard," I said as I started to shuffle the cards.

I turned around hearing loud footsteps approach the door to the classroom, Professor McGonagall walked swiftly towards Professor Patrick and looked in my direction. Professor McGonagall motioned for me to follow her and I got up handing the cards to Roxy.

McGonagall stopped outside of the classroom and looked incredibly upset about something, "Both, your brother and Mr. Wood seem to be skipping today, please relay this message back to them," she said and sighed before continuing, "The match this weekend against Hufflepuff will be canceled, instead Gryffindor is going to play Slytherin. I do hope you all will find time for an extra practice, defeating Slytherin will not be an easy feat Miss Potter."

I nodded, "But, Professor, why is Hufflepuff not playing?" I asked feeling quite confused.

"A Slytherin student decided to jinx their seeker and they are unable to find a replacement, please tell your brother and Mr. Wood, Lily. I'm afraid they've been training just to steal our house cup," she replied and I nodded, "Thank you, you may join your class Miss Potter," she said I nodded before turning back and walking into the classroom.

"Are you in trouble?" Roxy asked immediately as I sat back down.

"No, but we aren't going to have an easy win this weekend," I said as I picked up the cards I had been dealt.

"What do you mean?" Hugo asked rearranging his cards in his hand.

"We are playing against Slytherin this weekend," I said drawing a two and placing a meld on the floor before discarding my four.

"Oh?" Roxy said as she picked up a new card and discarded a 3 of clubs.

"Yeah, so James will most likely be adding on a practice on our only off day," I said sighing and leaning against the leg of the table.