Chapter 19: London

"Lily-" Scorpius said short of breath, "Lily, I think I heard something."

I sat up matching his upright position, "what?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes feeling more sleep deprived than I had before.

There was a loud thud followed by some intoxicated sounding giggles. Scorpius turned to me, I could see beads of sweat sitting on his forehead reflecting the moon light.

There was another thud followed by the distant sound of a door opening and shutting, "I think it was just a couple... Nothing to worry about," I said laying back down pulling him with me.

"Okay," he sighed wrapping an arm lazily around my shoulders, "I just got nervous."

I smiled and kissed his cheek, "it's alright."

Scorpius sighed and pulled me close to his chest, "thank you for checking on me, you've always been very brave," he said in a mocking tone.

"I've always been the bravest in this relationship," I said making a point to lower my voice an octave.

Scorpius laughed, "yes, of course."

I giggled in reply, "shh... Let me sleep," I said holding my pointer finger to his lips.

Scorpius took my finger in his hand and kissed the back of the hand attached to it, "yes ma'am," Scorpius kissed my forehead before leaning back and stretching out across the bed.

I sighed, "good night, Scor," I rested my head on his shoulder, my eyes slowly closing.

"Good night, lil's," were the last words I heard before falling asleep.

**********

I rolled over in bed slipping out of Scorpius's grip. The clock beside me flashed 7:38 in red lettering. I slowly sat up and pushed my hair out of my face as I stared straight ahead at the orange, peeling wallpaper. Scorpius rolled over in bed only to remain asleep. I studied his perfectly formed features, the unkempt blonde hair swept in front of his eyelids. He was always peaceful, but he seemed even more while sleeping, like he was dreaming of something that made his so calm he looked almost dead.

What if he was? What would happen to me, to our world if Scorpius did die because of me? Because I put him in danger. I shook my head trying to push the thought out of my mind, the terrifying thought out of my mind.

My eyes wandered back to him, his features looked even more pale, his body even more peaceful. I blinked as i moved closer to him, "no," I said my eyes betraying me, "no."

Tears stung at the corner of my eyes, "Scor?" I asked softly touching his shoulder, "Scorpius?" I asked raising my voice a bit louder.

"Hmm?" Scorpius stretched his arms his eyes fluttering open, "What is it love?"

I felt a wave of relief wash over me and I flung myself at him wrapping my arms around his neck, "you were so... Peaceful."

Scorpius looked at me funny, "What do you mean?" he asked brushing the hair out of my face.

"Like you w-were gone," I said softly.

Scorpius studied me for a moment, "oh," he said once he fully understood what I meant, "it's ok, I'm fine," he nodded as if he were urging me to nod in response.

I hugged him tightly, almost as tight as I had hugged him on the platform before the beginning of school this year. But when I had hugged him tightly that time, he had not been my boyfriend and we didn't know about the danger that was coming.

"Lily? Are you crying?" he asked softly as he stroked my hair.

I didn't know, I didn't remember starting to cry but then again, I had just made up Scorpius dying in my mind.