Chapter 5: Research

"Hey, Lily," I was woken up the next day to a familiar voice, "You need to get up hun," the voice said and it rubbed my back to wake me up.

I knew who it was and resented her for awakening me up so calmly that I couldn't get mad at her. Roxy was always good at wake-up calls, but was totally rambunctious with anything else. My cousin Roxy was like my twin, she and I were inseparable from a young age and were ecstatic when we could found out we were rooming with each other, though recently she has been preoccupied by a certain boy by the name of Calum Wood. Even though he was in his 7th year, she still pursued him until he finally agreed to go out with her. Apparently, he had a fun time with her and they have been dating now since the beginning of the summer.

"What time is it?" I asked hazily rubbing my eyes to allow them to focus on her face, she was incredibly gorgeous. She had a rounder face, it was delicate and feminine but could also be wild and untamed. Her hair captured her entire personality, it was wild and crazy at times but incredibly beautiful through it all. She was my counterpart, she had always been my best friend, and still was.

"It's pretty late and breakfast is over, but Scorpius is outside the door and grabbed some food for you before it ended," Roxy said smiling, a sort of knowing glow in her eyes, "I told him I'd let him in once I woke you up, it is rather hard at times to do that successfully."

I rolled my eyes at her last comment "Oh, sure, it's such a burden," I said sarcastically as I sat up and realized Scorpius was still outside the door waiting, "Oh shit," I mumbled jumping up pulling off my pajamas and on an oversized, orange, Chudley cannons that I was pretty sure had belonged to James, but I had 'borrowed' it. I threw on a pair of black leggings that were on the surface of my trunk and quickly put my hair in a messy bun.

"Lil's, if you don't slow down, you're going to get whiplash," Roxy said laughing at how quickly I was moving.

I grabbed my wand from my bedside table and pointed it my bed are "Scourgify!" I said as things around my trunk and bed started flying to their proper places. The drawer of my bedside table opened and a notebook followed by a few quills flew into it, the drawer snapped shut and my bed sheets became neat and tidy as the spell made my bed. I practically flew over to the door and threw it open as the last item magicked itself back in place. "Hey," I said as I greeted Scorpius.

Scorpius let out a small laugh, "Hey," he said giving me a once over, "If I hadn't heard practically everything through the door I would never had thought you didn't just wake up," Scorpius said a smirk coming across his face.

"Yeah, well, I'm pretty convincing," I said laughing a bit as I attempted to cover up my blush.

Scorpius chuckled and handed me a napkin with food wrapped up in it "It isn't much but Headmistress McGonagall said that breakfast was about to end and I hadn't seen you so I thought I'd bring back some food just in case," Scorpius said as his smirk was replaced by a genuine smile.

I returned his smile and looked down at the contents of the napkin: A sausage link, a piece of toast, and a small package of strawberry marmalade. "Strawberry marmalade, my favorite." I said smiling looking back up at him.

He laughed, "I've only seen you eat breakfast for the past three years," He said as he returned his hands to his pockets.

I laughed and stepped away from my spot in the doorway, "Here, come it," I said and walked over to my bed, Roxy looked at me and smirked. I shot her daggers with my eyes.

Scorpius sat down on my bed and I sat down next to him. Roxy smiled and looked at her clock, "Well, I better be going, Calum said he's be waiting for me in Hogsmeade, see you later Lil's, Scorpius." She said getting up and straightening out her blouse.

I took out the toast and marmalade and spread it across the toast. I took a bite and realized just then how hungry I was. I sighed happily and I guess my face showed it because Scorpius laughed from his position beside me. I looked at him a bit confused, "What?" I asked.

"Nothing, your face was just..." He paused and blushed a bit, "You just seemed hungry." He said, but something told me that wasn't what he truly wanted to say.

My stomach flipped over itself and I felt oddly happy, like maybe what he had meant to say was something that would have given me reason for feeling more odd around him now.

I shook off the thought, "Hey, Scor?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He asked turning to face me.

"I know you wanted to go to Hogsmeade today but I was wondering if you would want to help me find an explanation of sorts to what had happened last night?" I asked continuing to eat my toast.

Scorpius thought for a moment, "Yeah, ok," he said before taking the sausage link from the napkin and eating it. "Do you even know what happened?" He asked.

I shook my head "No, I mean I've had migraines and headaches before but this was new, it was different."

Scorpius looked puzzled, "I guess we will have more work to do then I thought."

I sighed and played with the hem of the intoxicatingly orange Chudley Cannons shirt, "If you don't want to, I understand."

Scorpius laughed, "Of course I want to help you, lily! It's just going to be a challenge that we will have to solve together."

I smiled, "Thanks," I said looking up.

**********

When we got to the library, we looked through over 50 different books in almost every section. Scorpius would come across a potion for migraine relief or pain stoppers occasionally, but we had no luck. Dinner time had rolled around and Scorpius said he would bring his food back with him so that we could continue to look. I was so incredible exhausted but I agreed.

The last thing I remembered was being laid down in my bed by Scorpius before falling asleep again.

Hey guys! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in two days, my teachers just have an insatiable thirst for giving out stacks of homework. Any who, I hope you guys are enjoying the story and the picture at the top is of Luca Hollestelle who I think is so incredibly perfect to be Lily. Thanks for reading!

Read, comment, and vote!

-Morgan