Chapter 9: Malfoy Manor

The picture above is of the Malfoy Manor, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

The day after Christmas had been terribly nerve-wracking which caused more and more migraines to occur out of the blue. I had told my father what had been happening and later in the evening, we both received a letter from Mr. Malfoy informing us that he wanted our presence at noon the next day, alone. My father, though terribly skeptical, replied on both of our behalves saying we would be there.

My dad kept pacing back and forth in his study, "Lil, this could be some trap, how do you know he isn't up to something?" he asked for the fifth time that evening.

"Because he had confronted me about it at Christmas, and as much as you hate to admit it, the Malfoy bloodline has changed for the better," I said crossing my arms and sitting down in the leather chair that faced his cluttered desk.

My father stopped his pacing and faced me, "You don't know what I've been through, at that house, Lily," he said disgust dripping from his mouth.

I crossed my legs recalling Scorpius and I's frequent conversations about what had happened during the war in my Third year, "You'd be surprised at how much I do," I replied coolly.

"Lily Flower, I told you I would talk with you about the war when I thought you were ready," he said as his tone changed to something that sounded scared.

"Dad, I've studied it all throughout my schooling career, besides it's not like I'm a little girl anymore who has to have her father and brothers censor everything I see, I'm 15!" I said standing up feeling more than agitated.

My father collapsed in his office chair and rubbed his eyes behind his glasses, "I don't want to talk about this right now, Lily," he said looking down at his messy desk.

I sighed and stormed out of the room feeling thoroughly annoyed.

On my way, back to my room I stopped by James's door and knocked, he came to the door and smiled when he saw me. "What can I do for you Lil's?" he asked.

I laughed slightly, "I was wondering if you could give me those potions again?" I asked.

James smiled and ruffled my hair, "Sure thing, Lil's," he said as he walked passed me and into the bathroom to the medicine cabinet. As he came back he handed my two small bottles, "there."

I smiled, "Thanks, James," I said as I turned to leave as James caught my wrist.

"you sure you want to do this?" he asked.

"Do what exactly?" I said confused on what he was asking me.

"Go to Malfoy Manner tomorrow," he said somewhat apprehensively, "I mean, you know the stories of what has happened there."

I rolled my eyes, "Don't judge them based on their ancestors, James," I said as I walked away more annoyed than I was before.

**********

The next morning I woke up to Albus sitting on my bed reading something. It was odd seeing him be the one to wake me up, t was usually James who did it.

When Albus noticed I was awake he closed his book and smiled at me, "Mum made pancakes," he said softly.

I smiled and sat up, "Really?" I asked feeling my stomach grumble from hunger.

Albus nodded, "yep," he said setting his book down beside him, "Listen, Lily," he started and I stopped him.

"If you're going to tell me about all the wrong things the Malfoys have done in the past and why I shouldn't go there today, get out," I said pursing my lips.