Chapter One: Hogwarts Exppress

I walked close to James as he promised he would watch after me and was beginning to feel a bit scared. We walked onto the platform and there was an immediate feeling of excitement that rushed through me. I studied the different families all gathered on the platform, there we all sorts of people sending off their children, but one family caught my eye. 

A blonde boy, a bit older than me, was standing with a tall and slender man and dark haired woman. The father of the boy glanced at my Dad and gave him a once over then nodded curtly in his direction. My own father returned the gesture and then focused his eyes on his three children. He smiled and hugged James and whispered something in his ear then glanced at me. James nodded and my father patted his shoulder.

My father stepped to Albus and  hugged him tightly and whispered something i could faintly hear in his ear, something to the effect of "watch over her for me?" Then my father bent down next to me. 

He smiled and cupped my cheeks in his hands. "LilyBug," he said and dropped his hands to my shoulders. "I am so incredibly proud of the young lady you are becoming." His smile faded and he kissed my cheek "I'm going to miss having my little girl around," he hugged me close and i laughed into his chest. 

"Dad, I'm not little anymore." I whined into his chest and he looked me in the face smiling.

"You will always be my little girl," he dug his hand in his pocket and pulled out an oddly wrapped parcel only as big as my palm. I looked down at the package and furrowed my brow, my father must have saw my confused expression and he smiled. "It's a gift, i had it specially made for you. Go on, open it." He said and watched me unwrap the package.

Inside was a necklace on a basic silver chain with an oddly shaped charm on the end. It was a tiny clear stone with the Deathly Hallows symbol my father had told me about inside of it. My father took the necklace and clasped it behind my neck and let it set on my chest. i looked up at him, a sense of realization swept over me "Dad, it can't be... The Resurrection Stone?" i asked and he nodded.

"I figured it would do you more good than me, but be careful, don't let anyone who you have not granted permission touch it. Do you understand?" He asked and I nodded. "Now, It's only large enough to show you people, not to bring the fully back, but you may ask them questions and they will answer. Just turn the stone over twice and ask to speak with whom you desire, make sense?" he asked and I nodded.

"Thank you, Dad," I smiled and hugged him tightly as he kissed my forehead "I'll miss you and Mum." I said and he smiled.

"We'll miss you too... I love you LilyBug." He said hugging me one last time before letting my Mum tell me goodbye too. My Mum hugged me and kissed me goodbye before she told me she loved me, I returned her words, already missing my parents.

The train whistle blew giving us a warning of taking off soon, I gave my parents one last hug grabbing Lupus from Mum and totted my trunk with me to the tain. 

"Don't forget to write!" I heard Mum call out and I turned around to see her one last time before calling back. 

"I promise!" i said, she smiled and motioned for me to get going. I turned around and boarded the train. I looked around for my brothers but had lost them, Albus had told me to try and make some friends, but James said I could sit with him and his friends. I decided that i would find the neres compartment and wait for James to find me. 

I found a compartment that only had one occupant, the blonde boy from the platform who was reading a book. I slid the compartment door open. "Is this seat taken?" I asked a shy smile creeping it's way onto my lips.

The boy looked up and shook his head "No... It's yours if you want it." he said closing his book and setting it next to him. I smiled and pulled my trunk and carried Lupus in with me into the compartment and closed the door behind me. The boy stood up "Let me help you with that." he said and took my trunk placing it on the railing above me. He stuck his hand out "I'm Scorpius, Scorpius Malfoy." he said. I took his hand and shook it.

"Lily Luna," I hesitated before saying my last name, stories of another boy whose surname was as well Malfoy flooding my head.

"Potter?" the boy asked. 

I nodded "Yes, Potter." I said and smiled.

Scorpius had let my had go and sat back down, I followed suit sitting across from him. My eyes flashed to the book he was reading, the cover read 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.' It was a muggle book aunt Hermione had read to me then I was little. "Do you like it?" I asked.

Scorpius turned his head away from the window to focus on me. "Like what?" he asked confused.

I blushed a little "Your book." I said feeling a bit stupid. 

He chuckled "Don't be embarrassed," he said as if he could see my thoughts "and yes, I do like it. Have you read it?" he asked his blue eyes rendering me speechless.

I blinked and shook my head trying to shake away the odd feeling and nodded "Yeah, my aunt read it to me when I was five." I said brushing a strand of hair that had gotten loose from one of my braids behind my ear.  "She said it was her favorite when she was little and thought that i would appreciate it more than Rose did." I added while stroking Lupus in my arms.

Scorpius nodded and smiled "Whats his name?" he said gesturing to my cat.

"Oh, it's a she and Lupus," I said and continued to pet her "My brother James and Teddy, well Teddy isn't really my brother but he is close enough. Anyway, they like to make fun of her name by replacing it with other skin rashes, but I swear that I didn't mean to name her after that, i meant to name it after the latin word... It means wolf." I said blushing a deeper shade of red than before.

He chuckled again and said "Sounds like something James would do..." his voice was silky and his smile was infectious and I couldn't help but laugh with him.

We ended up talking about pranks that james had pulled, Scorpius enlightening me with his pranks from the two previous years and me telling him the stories of his childhood pranks, especially on me. 

It seemed like we laughed and talked for the whole ride, but we were suddenly interrupted by James barging through the compartment door. "Lil's... I've been...looking... for you...everywhere!" James said between breaths, he had obviously been running through the train to find me. James's eyes fell on Scorpius and then his eyes proceeded to get larger

"Scor... Malfoy?" he asked confused and scratched his head. scorpius nodded. James looked at me and motioned his head to the hall "Out... Now." He said and I shook my head. 

"We were having a just fine time before you showed up," I said defending myself and crossing my arms. 

James's eyes flashed between me an Scorpius. He sighed and messed up his hair "Fine, Lil's..." he said giving a warning look to Scorpius. "You touch her, you will have the entire Potter/Weasley family out for your arse." He said and then turned to me "love you lil's, don't do anything I wouldn't do!" and then left.

I brushed the loose hair behind my ear and blushed "Sorry about him... He doesn't really mean that, he just likes to think he's intimidating." I said.

He offered me a smile and shrugged "I've gotten far worse, and just for my surname... At least this time it's for something else." He smiled and got up "We better change into our robes soon," he said grabbing his from his trunk "The girl's changing rooms are just down the hall," he said pointing down to the right "meet you back here when you're done." He said smiling then left to the opposite direction.

I smiled and fiddled with the Hogwarts badge on the robes. Maybe it wasn't going to be so bad as I thought.