Chapter 16: Muggles

Rose and James sat across from Scorpius and me on the train ride back. I laid my head in Scorpius's lap as he read "The Horse, and His Boy" from the Chronicles Of Narnia series. Rose clearly had something on her mind as she huffed for about ten minutes until I looked over at her and asked what was wrong.

"Rose, what's got you in a tizzy?" I asked.

"You can't just not come back to school, Lily," Rose said, "You need an education to survive in this world!"

I scoffed and sat up, "I would need an education if I knew I was actually going to survive," I said before pushing myself off of the seat and walking out of the compartment, Rose calling after me.

I walked down the long hallway looking for an empty compartment as I went until I found one all by itself. I sat down and stared out the window as the scenery passed by. Someone opened the compartment door and I knew it was Scorpius just by his scent alone.

"What do you want?" I asked as I continued to look out the window.

Scorpius sat down opposite me, "Where are you going to go?" Scorpius asked.

I sighed and dragged my eyes to look at him, "I don't know, probably some muggle hotel," I said.

Scorpius leaned against the seat, "How do you plan on paying for this?" He asked.

I groaned, "I don't know, Scor."

"Lily," he paused and looked at his feet then back up at me, "You can't do this on your own," He said.

"And I can't do this with you with me," I said pulling my knees up to my chest and hugging them.

"I'm not letting you do this alone, Lily," He said.

I looked away from him, "... Please, let me do this."

"Let me come with you," Scorpius said moving to sit next to me.

I turned my head and looked at him, "If... If you come... Promise me something," I said softly.

"What?"

"When I ask for you... For you to go... Please, respect that, Scor," I said.

"I promise," Scorpius said taking my hand and wrapping his pinky around mine, "Pinky promise."

**********

It was the first day of break and instead of playing exploding snap with my cousins outside in the courtyard, I laid on my bed with my door locked as I made a list of every muggle object that I thought could possibly be a Horcrux.

I heard a slight knock on my door, "Who is it?" I asked expecting it to be one of my brothers inviting me to play again.

"Teddy."

"I'll be down in a minute, Teddy," I said annoyed.

"Alohomora," I heard his say as he pushed open my door, "I wanted to talk to you, Lil's."

I hastily closed my notebook, "My name is Lily," I said as I sat up on my bed, "What about?" I asked.

"About Scorpius," Teddy said as he sat down on top of my desk.

I rolled my eyes, "Teddy, I hate to be rude, but I really don't want to have this conversation with you." I said as I started to stand up and leave.

"Well, I do so, sit back down and listen," Teddy said and I reluctantly obeyed.

"Listen, I've talked to James about this some and-"

"James doesn't know anything about Scorpius," I said crossing my arms over my chest.