Chapter 3: Marauders?

"Scorpius!" I called excitedly as I saw my blonde best friend enter onto the platform.

"Lily!" He cried back as I ran up to hug him almost knocking him over.

he chuckled as he absorbed me in his embrace and smiled, "how was your break?" he asked before letting me go.

"Great, fantastic really," I said coming off of the high from my family's trip to Italy over the summer. "We got to see all of the muggle landmarks and some wizard ones too. Oh! We got to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa! It was so cool Scor, it was like it was under a levitation charm or something to keep it from falling!" I said all in one breath, noticing I was rambling on and completely unaware of the concept of manners.

Scorpius laughed, "I'm glad that you had such a fun time during those two months, one of which I got only one letter from you." He said almost as if he was scolding me.

"I apologized for that already Scor, I just got distracted in Italy that I completely forgot to write to anyone," I said as a blushed claimed its territory on my cheeks," Besides, I only wrote to you during the summer, you should feel honored if anything," I said, a smirk forming on my lips.

"Oh! Such a glorious honor it is to be Lily Luna's best friend, how could I ever repay her generosity for writing to me while on summer holiday!" He said while bowing, which in turn made his parents giggle at him.

The blush on my cheek grew in size "You can repay me by not making such a scene," I said slapping his arm, "You'd think I was the older one with the way you're acting." I said tossing my hair over my shoulder, acting as if I was his superior.

"It's nice to see you again, Lily" Scorpius's mother, Astoria, said giving me a small hug. Over the years, the Malfoys have seemed to warm up to me, even Draco, who now works with my father at the Ministry.

"It is great to see you as well, Mrs. Malfoy." I said smiling, "And you as well, Mr. Malfoy." I said before shaking his hand.

I could see a smile starting to form on Draco's lips, something that was unusual to see. "The feeling is mutual, Miss Potter." He said before dropping my hand and returning them to his pockets.

Draco was a tall and slender man with blonde hair that was always slicked back, leaving no hairs out of place. He always wore a suit, no matter the occasion. His eyes were gray, and every once and awhile could see something deeper in them. His wife, Astoria, had brunette hair and blue eyes, a smile was almost always on her face and she was quite generous as well. She would donate to all sorts of charities for the improvement of muggle borns acceptance. It really was a shame that everyone would judge Draco and Astoria for the name, Malfoy.

Scorpius, on the other hand, always had a sparkle in his eyes. His hair was the same blonde hair of his father's, but he inherited his mother's blue eyes. When we had first met, He was a third year and wasn't very mature, physically. But over the years, Scorpius has grown much taller than me and become much more attractive. His smile was infectious and he was my best friend, no one else's.

I, well, I wasn't much of a looker. I was thin and short. Some people, like my mother, liked to use the term 'underdeveloped physically' which really meant that compared to other girls my age, I had a pretty small chest. I had waist length red hair that was somewhat wavy, a mixture of mum and dad's hair texture, and every inch of my body was covered in freckles. My mum had said that over the summer I had grown and had bought me a new bra, I guess I did since the older ones didn't fit anymore. Over the summer, my face decided to get its butt in gear and shed most of its baby fat which I was truly grateful for. My professor, Slughorn, said I looked exactly like my grandmother who is also my namesake.