Epilogue

Three years later

Once my fourth year ended, I went to visit my Aunt Petunia and told her how much she truly helped me and how sorry I was that she had been affected by the chaos inside of the wizarding world. She thanked me for coming to visit her again, she told me of how lonely she had been over the past few years and how my company was comforting for her. That summer, I visited her home once a week and we had tea, she told me about my cousins and Uncle Dudley, she told me about my grandmother too. In exchange, I told her bits and pieces of the conversations I had had with my namesake but only told here that these were things that had happened in dreams.

I often would come home from those visits and sit in my room for hours talking to my grandmother through the necklace. I'd often ask her for advice on how to deal with the grief I still felt or the anxiousness that would show its ugly head every so often. She'd listen and offer advice that not so much help the problem but comforted me. My grandmother would often tell me stories about her experiences at Hogwarts, about how much my brother reminded her of her husband and how much of her she saw in me. Her presence was comforting and somehow made me like my first name better than I had before.

After Scorpius graduated, I wrote to him every night and received a letter from him every morning. His handwriting was a source of comfort to me. Scorpius had gotten a job as an ancient relics sorter for the Ministry. He would polish and clean newly found artifacts from runes and do a basic analysis before he sent them to the museum or storage facility where it would be housed. He told me of some of the things he got to see and work on in his letters and how much experience he was gaining for a possible excavation job in the future. He told me of the sites he had applied to dig at and how he was often turned down for someone who originated in that area. It was miraculous that Scorpius never lost motivation, he was dedicated and knew exactly what he wanted to do.

One day, he told me in a letter of a job he had sent in an application for that would station him in Belize for a three-year term. He said that much of the details in the application form were confidential and they made him sign a confidentiality form with an enchanted pen. He said the initial job wouldn't start for a year or so but they wanted early applications for background checks. I wrote to him and told him how wonderful the job sounded and that I hope this was going to be the one he got.

I was finishing school alongside my classmates. I was lucky to be able to do so, my Aunt Hermione had to join the year below her own and said she missed many of her friends who graduated the year prior. Hugo, Roxy and I became incredibly close over the next few years. I was going to miss Hugo when he went to the colonies for a Muggle Studies graduation trip. Roxy had planned on going traveling for a while before she started her hunt for jobs, I was going straight to Quidditch tryouts based in London.

In one of my more recent letters to Scorpius, he encouraged me to try out for more than just the Chudley Cannons. Ever since I was little I wanted to be a player on the Cannons, but Scorpius insisted I try out for other teams as well. He suggested I try out for Ireland's national team, apparently, they had changed practice locations from Dublin's pitch to a Stadium Pitch in London due to other teams spying in on practices and began opening tryouts to wizards in the United Kingdom. I told him that I'd try out for Ireland, but for him to not get his hopes up. I eventually came to the conclusion to try out for the Chudley Cannons, Holyhead Harpies, and Ireland. Scorpius was ecstatic with these decisions.

**********

Hugo, Roxy and I were the last of the Weasley/ Potter clan to graduate from Hogwarts. Our family had thrown quite a large party at the burrow to celebrate, distant relatives, close relative, and friends were all invited. Each guest was also quite generous with their graduation gifts. I had received checks for 'a head start on life' with an enchanted card from most of my family, Aunt Hermione was the exception.

She had created a list of contacts I should reach out to before I pursue Quidditch, "There are always other options, Lily. Much safer and less dangerous options too," she said as he handed me the piece of parchment.

My brother, James, had gotten me a new pair of Quidditch gloves made with real dragon hide. Albus had gotten me an auburn broom polish so that my broom would stand out during tryouts. My parents had given me a large sum of money to save for a place of my own and had told me that I could stay at home as long as I liked.

Scorpius had gotten me a charm for my bracelet. It was a small, brass key on a tiny connector ring. I looked up at Scorpius confused, "What's this?"

He smiled and took my hand, "You'll see," he said.

The party had begun to die down as he pulled me to the side and apparated us to a large apartment building. We landed in front of a door, the numbers 4001 on the front of it. Scorpius pointed towards the key charm in my hand, "Check its box," he said. I looked at the small velvet box that the charm came in, tapped inside its lid was a key. I pulled the tape off and looked at the key, "Go on, use it," he said pointing towards the handle.

I put the key inside of the lock and twisted, the door unlocked and I pushed it forward revealing a very beautiful and spacious flat. There was a small kitchen near the door and opposite it was a coat rack. The kitchen was separated from the rest of the flat by a half wall with a small counter on one side and a bookshelf on the other. There was a wooden floor in the living room with a white couch and a muggle Tv. I stepped inside and glanced around. I walked over to a closed door near the living room and pushed it open. Inside the large room was a king sized bed and a connecting bedroom.

I turned around to look at Scorpius, "Scor... is this-"

"Our new home?" he offered and smiled down at me, "I would think so."

I twisted the promise ring on the left hand around my finger as I smiled up at him, "It's beautiful."

Scorpius smiled and hugged me, "I'm glad you like it," he said.

I smiled as I looked around the gorgeous flat, soaking up Scorpius's presence. I was so in love with this boy, so in love with my best friend. I smiled and told him exactly that, "I am so lucky to be in love with my best friend."