Chapter 13: Books and Namesakes

I rolled over in bed, the dream involving Albus's scream and the death eater cursing me replaying itself through my sleep. I ripped my eyes open feeling the bead of sweat that had accumulated on my forehead drip down the sides of my face. I sat up feeling a migraine bigger than one I had ever had before spring itself on me. It was as If the crucio curse was actually happening, like thousands of needles poking and prodding me all over. I pressed my pointer fingers to my forehead and rubbed trying to relive the pain I was feeling, it helped some but all I could think about was the pain-relieving potion James could brew.

I swung my legs over the edge of my bed and into my slippers before I quietly left my dorm. I walked up to the 7th year dormitories and to James's dorm that he shared with Fred, Jason Finnigan, Lysander Scamander, and Lorcan Scamander. Let's say there was a clear tension between my brother and Lorcan since the past year. I quietly opened the door to see five very awake faces scribbling madly on some parchment, Fred's bed being closest to the door caused him to look up first as the rest of them soon turned their heads. I saw a smirk creep onto Lysander's face as he elbowed his brother who looked up last. Fred clearly seeing the animosity between us cleared his throat, "What's going on Lil's?" he asked.

I looked around the room still surprised that they were all awake, "What are you all doing awake? Isn't it like two am?" I asked as James folded the parchment and slid it into his bag.

"I'd ask you the same thing," He said getting up and walking over to me, "You ok?" he asked in a hushed voice once he was standing in front of me.

I nodded, "Yeah, just have a really bad migraine and was wondering if you had any more of that pain-relieving potion."

James nodded, "Yeah, give me a minute to find it though," he said as he walked back over to his trunk.

I nodded and leaned against the door frame peeking at Fred's essay he was working on, "Slughorn?" I asked looking at the currently ten-inch essay.

Fred nodded looking up at me with a face of pure desperation, "Yes and you're the best I know at potions. Please, Lil's... I'll pay you?" he said with his most sincere tones I've ever heard him use.

I sighed and took the essay from him, "What is this on?" I asked grazing over the paper, "You have no thesis, how s anyone supposed to know what this is on?" I asked.

"It's supposed to be about Veritaserum, but you have to know that I fell asleep during his lecture about it and have no way of knowing what it is," He pleaded urging a piece of parchment and quill my way.

"Ever heard of the Library?" I asked, "How many inches and when is it due?"

"Tomorrow and twelve, thank you so much!"

I laughed and scribbled a sloppy map for his essay, "I'm not writing it for you, you know, that would be cheating," I said poking his nose as James came back with the small vile and glass of water which I took gratefully.

"Thank you," I said smiling and taking the potion closely followed by the glass of water.

James smiled, "Not a problem, now get some sleep of it will wear off quicker," he said ruffling my hair which I hastily pulled into a messy bun to stop him from making it messier that it was before.

Jason gasped from the other side of the room, "Blimey, Lily... is that a-"

Lysander finished his sentence, "Hickey?"

I caught Lorcan look back up at me from his essay, he hadn't made a sound since I entered the room which was odd. Fred looked at my neck as his eyes widened. James turned around and dropped the glass of water I had handed back to him as he looked at the left side of my neck. Lorcan smirked, clearly liking the fact that I was so uncomfortable in this moment, "Who's it from?" he asked.