Chapter 8: Christmas Day

Warning: This is a loooooong chapter. Hope you enjoy it!

I sat up straight in bed clutching my forehead with my hands. I glanced at the alarm clock next to my bed as it flashed 3:23 am. I had woken up in the middle of the night with another excruciating migraine but this time it was worse, it made my stomach churn and my forehead sweat. I closed my eyes tightly trying to push away the pain. As soon as I did I regretted it. A vision of a time tuner whizzed past me followed by the troll tapestry and a flash of green light. I ripped my eye open and breathed quickly and out of rhythm.

I slid my legs over the edge of my bed and as soon as the adjustment fully it my body, I was flooded with the overwhelming urge to book it to the bathroom and vomit. So, I followed my body's instinct and ran as fast as I could to the bathroom where I promptly dropped to my knew and vomited into the toilet. As I stood up and looked in the mirror I noticed my hair was still pinned back from the night before and my makeup was on. I grabbed the nearby wash cloth and dampened it under the sink as I started to wipe my mouth off and the rest of my makeup. I took down the bobby pins and the loose and frizzy curls landed on my back.

My head was still hurting like crazy as I stared into the mirror, my eyes too in my sleep deprived appearance. Even though I was tired my shoulders were straight and almost all to broad, my figure wasn't delicate, just smaller. I had been playing Quidditch my whole life and Calum's workouts and conditioning were meant to build muscle which it absolutely did. I didn't have a perfect figure or dream body in anyway, I had just been lucky enough to be blessed with my mother's genes and figure.

I put my hands on the edge of the sink as my vision started becoming fuzzy from the migraine. Just as I looked up I jumped from seeing a figure behind me in the mirror. "Shit James!" I said as I turned around to see my eldest brother standing there looking disheveled and tired, "What are you doing up?" I asked.

"I should ask you the same question," he said as he crossed his arms leaning against the door frame, "Besides, I heard you practically vomiting your guts out and I figure I should make sure you were ok."

I gave him a sarcastic smile, "Well, isn't that so sweet of you." I snapped back at him as I turned around and starred at my reflection again.

"I'm only trying to help, Lil's" he said ruffling my hair as he walked by me to flush the vomit down the toilet.

I sighed and looked down before turning to face him, "I'm sorry I snapped, I just have a horrible migraine." I said.

"That explains it then," he said with a sly smirk, "I assumed it was some sort of morning sickness, I mean you and Scorpius have been hanging around each other a lot lately." He said knowing that his joke would get under my skin.

I rolled my eyes, "I have never done such a thing in my life," I said crossing my arms, "besides, we've only just..." I stopped myself.

James's eyes widened, "Only just what?" he asked, his cool and confident façade shattering.

I could feel and unruly blush creep its way onto my cheeks, "We've only just had our first kiss."

I could see James's eyes narrow, "Be careful, Lil's," he said almost as a warning, "I know what men like him want, hell, one of his 'summer experiments' happened to be my," he paused as his breath hitched in his throat, "My ex-girlfriend." He said.

I knew he was right, Scorpius had informed me of a few of these on the train ride to Hogwarts at the start of the year, "I know," I said looking down at my bae feet standing on the cold tile floor.

James's eyes widened, "You know?" he asked raising an eyebrow and I nodded, "Well, then," he said and cleared his throat, "Your breath reeks and your hair is incredibly sticky from all that hairspray you used last night, I suggest you take a shower and brush your teeth, I'll be waiting for you in your room." He said before walking past me and out of the bathroom.